Chapter 14- Not That Much Of A Surprise Though, Is It?

A/N- Longer chapter... Hope it makes sense. Feel free to correct grammar or spelling, it really helps as I write with distractions around me... basically watching Sherlock as well as writing it >-<

~~~~

Darcy's POV

After getting that rather obscure text message I decided to simply sit on the sofa with my hands in my lap and my gaze fixed firmly on the wall opposite me. John was reading the newspaper, seemingly given up trying to get me to talk about anything let alone my time with Irene.

5:45pm

Was the time my phone told me it was, the day had come and gone already. I'd barely eaten at all but I didn't care. I had much more important things on my mind at the moment.

I'd used my phone to calculate that if I walked to St James' Park then it would take around 45 minutes. So, I would have to leave soon.

I hadn't settled in much since arriving back at Baker Street, the only thing I had done was take my jacket off and lay it on the sofa beside me. But other than that, my bag remained at my feet and my shoes firmly on with no intention of taking them off.

My behaviour was worrying me, on the inside as I would never show it, I didn't think I would be this closed off with them. True, I hadn't really gotten along extremely well with John like I had Sherlock but this was Baker Street and I was home. Or what home used to be.

5:55pm

Scott had been meddling in my thoughts, again, I was trying to fathom why he might have ordered me to see him and in such a wide open, public place. Obviously, this meet up couldn't be anything sinister otherwise I'd be heading straight for the hotel.

John was looking at me over the top of his newspaper now, I could feel it. "Yes, Dr Watson?" I asked but never once made eye contact with him.

"W-What? Oh, urm, nothing." He stuttered, flicking out his newspaper and busying himself with the articles.

I closed my eyes and delved into my mind, something I hadn't done in a long time. The evening I met Scott played out in my mind like a scene from a movie and I tried to find anything that might hint at what he was planning.

"A proper little genius." - Those Were His Exact Words. "Tall, curly hair, long grey coat..."- He Knew Sherlock, Vaguely But Knew Him.

"Why is it you are here?"- Prying, Insistent. He Had Stopped Me Leaving. "...you seem like the perfect distraction."  He'd Kissed Me. Actually Kissed Me.

Focus...

"Have a nice nap." - I'd Knocked Him Unconscious, Probably Rather Angry About That. "This isn't over."- Threatening, Definitely Angry. Suggests Hostility, Except That He'd Been Nice and Given Me His Coat.

None of this made sense. Why couldn't I figure him out? I opened my eyes and ran a hand down my face in exasperation, a sigh escaping my lips as I did.

"Something bugging you?" John asked and I glanced over to see he had lowered his newspaper to pay more attention to me.

6:05pm

I shook my head an reached for my jacket, "More like someone." I muttered, standing and shrugging Scott's jacket on.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where are you going?" John got up and frantically interrogated, blocking my way to the door somewhat.

I straightened my collar and made for the door, "Out."

"Out where?" John asked sternly and took a step so he was completely blocking my exit.