Chapter 25- Like A Spit Roast But More Bloody.

A/N- Shorter Chapter bit of a set up... I know where I'm going with this though so at least I've got a plan now XD

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Not leaving the flat was something I could do. I was very good at that. It's what I'd decided to do, especially after Moriarty had approached me and Irene could have been anywhere.

I skipped out on cases with Sherlock from time to time and just stayed in, keeping Mrs Hudson company. He didn't need me anyway, he had John and his massive intellect.

Frankly it had been so long since I'd seen Carl I'd forgotten I had a friend. I hoped he was okay but doubted I'd ever see him again. I hoped he was on a course for fashion design or whatever it is he wanted to do.

Scott had been getting more and more agitated and angry with me. Some days he barely text me. He said that he would wait for me, until I was ready but I knew he couldn't.

There was a moment when I was sat watching Coronation Street with Mrs Hudson that I contemplated going to his club in town. But I decided against it, not wanting to know what he did as part of his business or what he got up to with other women.

So I continued to watch Coronation Street and had to bite back any comment I made about how awful it was and how little sense it made. Mrs Hudson had allowed me to lay out on her sofa since she occupied her own armchair that I could tell by the imprint on it she often used.

"I hate to sound ungrateful, dear, because I really do love having you over but..." Mrs Hudson stated as two women were arguing over some average looking guy on the telly. "...well, don't you have something better to do?"

I chuckled out loud and looked behind the arm of the chair at her. "God yeah. Just don't feel like doing it, that's all."

"Oh, well, good." Mrs Hudson stuttered quietly and I noticed her stand out of the corner of my eye. "Tea?"

I smiled widely. "Please." She walked over and patted my arm comfortingly.

Sitting in that old style living room drinking tea with Mrs Hudson made me forget about Jim Moriarty and the sight on the jet. All those dead bodies.

I didn't mind dead bodies, I hung around crime scenes for fun, but that many and the way Mycroft was just going to send them all up into the sky to get blown up. It seemed wrong.

"I should probably head back upstairs." I said and carried my mug through to her kitchen. "Thanks for the tea. I'll see you later."

"Bye dear." She called through to me as I walked toward to the door.

"Bye." I hollered back through and closed the door to her flat behind me as I left. I made my way up the stairs to 221B and there seemed to be no signs of anyone even being there.

But I was proven wrong instantly when the door to the kitchen was open and John stood there with his back to it. "Hey." I said quietly and entered the kitchen.

Sherlock was sat behind his microscope with a camera phone in his hand and John was stood looking anxious. I pointed to the phone and frowned. "Urm... is that-?"

"Irene Adler's phone? Yep." John answered for me and patted his leg before turning and leaving.

I widened my eyes as he left. "Oh... right. Okay. So, you have it?" I asked Sherlock who hummed and went back to his microscope.

"She's dead." He stated and didn't look up once.

I chuckled under my breath and crossed my arms. "For real this time?"