Chapter 21- Merry New Years... Have Some Duct Tape!

A/N- Hello! I'm alive! This chapter is huge and is jam packed full of stuff, because I wanted to give you guys a good chapter... sorry if it's a bit crowded >-<

The attached music does indeed link with the chapter... you'll know what bit :'(

Not edited yet... enjoy ;) xx

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Sherlock hadn't come back out of his room for what must have been an hour, maybe an hour and a half. After the supposed news that Irene Adler had been killed I wasn't surprised.

Lestrade had gone home to be with his cheating wife and Molly had gotten a call from work forty-five minutes ago asking her to go in. She did almost straight away, as if thrilled to leave the flat and the tension looming about the place.

John kept trying to make conversation with me but I just twiddled my necklace charm between my fingers absentmindedly, humming every now and again to reply to his questions. Mrs Hudson had busied herself by tidying the kitchen and I could hear her singing to herself, no doubt a Christmas song of some kind.

My phone was on the arm of Sherlock's chair I was sat in and it hadn't gone off once, which in itself was a curse and a blessing. A blessing in that I hadn't gotten anymore drunk texts from Scott but a curse since it could mean he was hurt somewhere in his drunk state.

Jeanette looked furious as she sat on the sofa next to John, arms crossed and she glared at the back of John's head as he leant forward to talk to me. However, he was distracted completely when the door to Sherlock's bedroom opened and out walked an emotionless looking Sherlock.

Before Sherlock made it to the door, both John and I had stepped out in front of him. "Where are you off to?" John asked him, trying to sound unaffected by the fact that Sherlock was leaving.

"Mycroft. He's found her body, I'm going to identify her." Sherlock answered plainly and barged between us, out the door to the flat.

My eyes widened and I went after him. "I'm going with you!" I exclaimed and reached for my coat.

Sherlock turned back on the stairs. "No, you're not."

I started to put my coat on and argued, "Yes, I am. I knew her better than you, I lived with her for god's sake."

"Exactly. That's why you're staying. I don't want you to see her like that." He stated with a finality that told me not to argue the point further. I watched as he stormed out of the flat and then the building, the door slamming shut.

I dropped my arms, my coat still hanging from them in disappointment it seemed. After a couple of seconds when I knew he definitely wasn't coming back, I hung my coat back on it's hook as John's phone trilled in his pocket.

"It's Mycroft." He said as he looked at his phone. I crossed my arms and stood beside him. "Danger night." He read softly and my eyes widened.

I took a step back and went into the kitchen. "I'll check his bedroom." I stated and Mrs Hudson shook out her wet hands.

"What's going on, dear?" She asked me and I stopped briefly.

"It's a danger night." I told her.

Immediately she jumped into action and dried her hands properly. "I'll check the bathroom, you never know with Sherlock."

I nodded and went into Sherlock's room. I started by searching the bottom of the wardrobe and then the top shelf. 'Danger night' simply meant one thing, that Sherlock could relapse and sink back into his drug habit.