Chapter 32- Human Guinea-Pig Named John.

A/N- Phew, finally got this one written... I found writing this bit a little bit tricky, don't know why XD Anywho, enjoy...

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Sherlock and John walked over to the car, once again, as we were heading back to Baskerville to test out this theory Sherlock had. I took one fleeting glance at the door to the inn, what I wouldn't give for this case to be over so we could go home.

I was starting to understand why Scott was so antsy to go back, Dorset was quiet and peaceful but once London was out of your lungs you did soon miss it. With a sigh I pulled my coat tighter around myself and marched after Sherlock and John.

The road to Baskerville had become so familiar by now and I slumped down in my seat, staring out the window as the green hills rolled by. That was until we stopped outside the security booth and the guards walked around the jeep again.

"Afternoon, sir. If you could just turn the engine off." The armed guard who appeared at the side of the car. Sherlock did as he ordered and handed over his ID. "Thank you." The guard took his ID back to the booth.

Sherlock turned to John and myself. "I need to see Major Barrymore as soon as we get inside." He told us.

I nodded as John answered, "Right."

"Darcy you'll come with me." Sherlock added and I nodded in agreement. "Which means, John, you'll have to start the search for the hound."

"Okay." John agreed nonchalantly.  

"In the labs, Stapleton's first." Sherlock told him and John nodded as the security guard brought Sherlock's ID back to him. "Could be dangerous." Sherlock added quietly and took his ID back.

I spotted John smile slightly as the gate ahead of us slid open and Sherlock drove us onto the base again. "So are we expecting to find a hound? One with red eyes and black fur that glows in the dark?" I asked sceptically and just stared out the window again.

Sherlock stopped the car where we left it last time and we all got out, then marched in formation towards the entrance of the facility. Soon Sherlock and I were stood in Major Barrymore's office with a very angry, even more so than normal, looking Major Barrymore after Sherlock had asked him for full access to Baskerville so he could carry out his plan.

I stood across from him with my arms folded and a glare on my face as he spoke snarkily at us from where he was sat in his office chair. "Oh, you know I'd love to. I'd love to give you unlimited access to this place. Why not?!"

"It's a simple enough request, Major." Sherlock argued although his voice wasn't raised.

Major Barrymore looked at me and then Sherlock. "I've never heard of anything so bizarre." The Major sneered at our proposed plan.

"You're to give us twenty-four hours. It's what I've..." Sherlock paused in thought and I raised my eyebrows at him, "...negotiated." He finished.

Major Barrymore's lips thinned into a straight line. "Not a second more. I may have to comply with his order but I don't have to like it." He turned to his computer on his desk and we went to leave. "I don't know what you expect to find here anyway."

I turned to him and smirked. "I don't know, perhaps the truth?"

The Major turned back around in his chair. "About what? Oh, I see. The big coats should have told me." Sherlock and I frowned at each other before Barrymore explained, "You're the conspiracy lot, aren't you?"