Chapter 41- Dancing With The Devil... And A Crowbar.

A/N- The picture is linked to the chapter... sort of, you'll see. ;)

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The further I walked through that part of London the more the knot grew in the pit of my stomach. The more uneasy I felt at what I was about to do. The more I was actually concerned that I was actually going in the right direction to get to where we were meeting.

Although I had been there before. Just the once mind you and so I still had virtually no idea where I was going. A warehouse. It was all very cliché. But that's the type of person Moriarty was.

He had been so kind as to send me the address and I had to resort to putting it through maps in my phone. No doubt it was sending me on some convoluted route to take me to my destination which didn't help me feel any better as all it did was drag out the inevitable.

I had to then check as my phone told me that I had reached my destination as I didn't wholeheartedly trust it. However, once I looked around and saw that I was surrounded by several abandoned warehouses in the less touristy part of London I assumed I must have been in the right place.

As I stared up at the building in front of me I put my phone in my pocket and fastened my coat tightly around myself. I walked up to a small door within one panel of the large warehouse doors and reached out to try the handle, my hand shaking as I did. Of course it was open and it creaked as I pushed it further.

Inside were shelves, some full of boxes and others empty. The industrial equipment had gathered enough dust to fill the whole warehouse. The door swung shut behind me and I turned around swiftly at the sound then tried to calm my breathing.

The echo of my boots hitting the concrete floor resounded in the void space and it made me cautious of how vulnerable I was in there. Alone. Unarmed. I hadn't told Sherlock or John where I was going neither. I kicked myself for not leaving some sort of clue just in case or at least telling Mrs Hudson. I could have even texted Scott a really cryptic message, although he probably wouldn't have understood it.

I continued walking through aisles of shelves until I spotted a crowbar on one of them and stopped to pick it up. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I tightly gripped the end of the crowbar in readiness and took a more cautious approach.

Soon enough I reached a somewhat open space with a chair in the middle but this time Mycroft wasn't stood right next to it. In fact nobody was. The amount of available concealed spaces unnerved me and I raised the crowbar just a little as I walked towards the chair.

"You won't be needing that." Moriarty's voice reverberated off the walls and I turned to where I believed the source of it was. All I was met with was the shadows. "I am unguarded, unarmed... I don't want to hurt you, not at all." He then stepped out from the darkest area of the warehouse and as usual was dressed in a grey suit with his hands in his trouser pockets.

Instead of letting go of the crowbar I gripped it tighter. "Forgive me if I don't trust you."

"I wouldn't blame you." Moriarty smirked and walked ever closer until he was stood in front of me. "Like the little touch I added, bring back any memories?" He asked, gesturing to the chair beside us.

I thought back on meeting Mycroft for the first time and how much more simple my life had felt then. "Somehow I felt more patronised then than I do now." Then it hit me. "Hold on, how do you know what this place looked like or even that I was brought here?"

"Eyes and ears everywhere." Was all Moriarty answered with and he sat down on the chair, crossing one leg over the other. As I started to think of who it might be my grip loosened on the crowbar which allowed him to lean forward and take it from me. "Not the obvious choice of weapon."