Chapter 44- Finally Got What She Deserved.

A/N- Ay, finally an update! It's a very long chapter and may not be perfect but here it is!

Not edited yet, enjoy ;)

Darcy's POV

It wasn't long before Sherlock had roused Mrs Hudson from sleep and she was stood in the living room, still in her nightdress, looking very perplexed at the whole situation. When she looked at me questioningly I merely shrugged in reply. Sherlock took to rushing around the room and checking every surface for dust, which there was a lot of since cleaning wasn't a regular thing and only happened when Mrs Hudson got fed up with the mess.

I was sat at the desk behind Sherlock's laptop looking at the networks that were all locked and focusing on us. John was stood watching Sherlock walk back and forth around the room. "Precise details: in the last week, what's been cleaned?" Sherlock asked Mrs Hudson desperately.

"Well, Tuesday I did your Lino-" Mrs Hudson started to explain in an exasperated tone.

I held back a laugh as Sherlock interrupted her, "No, in here, this room. This is where we'll find it- any break in the dust line. You can put back anything but dust." He ran his fingers along a cabinet and turned back to us. "Dust is eloquent."

I was starting to think that the case was getting to Sherlock and Mrs Hudson looked over at me and asked quietly, "What's he on about?"

"It's kind of complicated." I replied and smiled up at her apologetically. I then shook my head as Sherlock climbed on the bookcase to the left of the fireplace to look closely at the top shelves.

"Cameras." Sherlock answered for me, "We're being watched."

Mrs Hudson's eyes widened and she gasped, "What? Cameras?" Her lips pulled up into a frown. "Here? I'm in my nightie!"

I stood from my chair as the doorbell rang and Mrs Hudson hurried out the room with John following behind her. Sherlock was still inspecting the bookcase while I remained standing in the living room watching him as he clambered down and started to examine the skull on the mantelpiece.

As Sherlock started to climb on the small tables in front of the bookcase in the corner I frowned at him and crossed my arms. "Do you really think they went to such extreme lengths?" I quipped and smirked at him as he checked the books on the top shelf.

"It's Moriarty of course they did." He mumbled in reply and seemed to realise something. I stood up on my tiptoes as he pulled a book out of the way to reveal the camera no doubt.

I turned my head at the sound of footsteps hurrying up the stairs and saw Lestrade enter the living room with John close behind him. "What are you-?" I went to ask before Sherlock rudely interrupted me.

"No, Inspector." He stated and I whipped my head around to glare at the back of his head, Lestrade hadn't even said anything yet. But of course he didn't need to.

From the look on his face I knew Lestrade was here to take Sherlock in for questioning, he had to be.

Lestrade looked between myself and John who was stood by the door. "What?" Lestrade questioned clearly confused.

"The answer's no." Sherlock replied as he stepped down from  the armchair with the camera in hand.

My eyes widened at the sight of it and I instinctively pulled my coat closer around me. Inside my pocket I felt my phone vibrate and sighed before taking it out, then read the caller ID. Scott. Angrily I declined the call and put my phone back into my pocket.

"But you haven't heard the question!" Lestrade exclaimed to argue with Sherlock's previous statement.

John looked in shock at the camera in Sherlock's hand and also what Lestrade was here to do. "You want to take me to the station." Sherlock said simply and moved to stand beside me. "Just saving you the trouble of asking."