Chapter 4- One Wrong Move...

A/N- Okay, so in a way this chapter won't make sense but all will become clear soon enough.

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Saturday.

Four days after I arrived at Eaton Square. Four days of elocution lessons. Four days of solid combat training.

It wasn't too bad for now, just a bit tiring and my back and cheeks hurt from all the sitting up straight and smiling.

So, I was sort of hoping against hope that I'd get the day off. But probably not.

I struggled down the stairs that morning in my tartan, yes tartan, red and black checked dress, and the same black heels I'd been wearing since my first morning there. I still hadn't got used to them though.

"Good morning." I said politely, albeit rather quietly, as I entered the kitchen but the table wasn't set for breakfast as it normally was.

I clasped my hands in front of me and frowned at Irene who was fumbling in her bag, she looked up finally and smiled, "Tartan looks good on you, goes with your hair."

"Thank you." I mumbled awkwardly and brushed a stand of hair behind my ear.

"Although, I think it's time we got you some clothes you actually like." She added and raised her eyebrows.

My eyes widened, no lessons? No training? But shopping. I didn't know which I preferred more at this point.

"I'm also treating you to breakfast out at a nice little café I know." Irene continued, sounding slightly sarcastic, and wandered past me to the door out of the kitchen.

I guess that meant I had no choice but to go because otherwise, no breakfast for Darcy. Yay, shopping. I turned and put on a fake smile before following after Irene, she was holding out a leather jacket to me.

"Leather?" I said and blinked furiously in shock.

She smiled, albeit slightly forced, "Just this once. Mainly because it goes with your dress."

I smiled properly and took the jacket from her, "Thank you." I  said sincerely and put the jacket on, sighing at the familiarity of it.

"Reunited at last." Irene commented and I quirked a smile as she opened the front door, I followed her out and down the steps whilst trying not to fall over at the same time. "Careful." Irene said as she watched me struggle and I looked up to see her smirking at me.

The car ride to wherever we were going for breakfast was awkward and I kept my hands clasped together on my lap, with the occasional nervous glance at Irene. She was just sat texting on her phone, I don't know who but it was probably important.

I hadn't even noticed it before but on instinct I was sitting up straighter and more ladylike, as it were, so I guess these past couple of days had been paying off.

"Miss Adler we're here." The driver up front announced and I couldn't even tell the car had stopped, we'd parked outside a posh looking modern café that seemed to suit Irene perfectly.

"Thank you, Tim." Irene said and waited as he opened her car door.

I shuffled out after her and smiled up at Tim, "Thank you."

Irene raised her eyebrows at me, as Tim shut the door behind us, and then she said, "Not the most delicate exit from a car I've seen but not the worst."

When she turned away from me, I rolled my eyes quickly before entering the café after her. I say café it was more like a restaurant that opened in the mornings.