Chapter 48- So Many Voicemails.

A/N- Sorry for the hugely late update... explanation below...

This hasn't been edited yet... enjoy...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The view of London from this high up was almost mesmerising. Although I couldn't bear to look down. Not at the street below. It made me remember what had happened hours ago. 

Scott had brought me back to his hotel Penthouse that seemed to be in a limbo state. There were boxes lying around with labels on and I figured it was ready for him to move out. I had been situated in their spare room but I couldn't sleep. Not after what I had seen. 

So I sat in the lavish living room and pulled a chair close to the window so I could look out at the city. Scott hadn't said much of else on the rest of the journey to the hotel and I was glad of it as I had nothing I wanted to say. Not about Sherlock. Not about what happened. Especially not about Jim Moriarty. 

I watched the sun rise over the buildings and I became drenched in it's golden glow. As I stared out of the overly large window I kept thinking about how he could have faked it. 'It's a trick. Just a magic trick.' 

A thousand scenarios flashed through my mind but all of them were as implausible as the next. Only a madman would even consider them. But Sherlock was smarter than me, I knew that, so he could have figured something out. 

"You're up early." Scott commented as he entered the living room and I turned to see him in just jeans and a t-shirt. 

I turned back to the view and shook my head. "I haven't slept." 

Scott sighed and pulled up a chair to sit next to me. I could feel him looking at me but I get my gaze on the city skyline. "That's not healthy."

"I'm used to it." I retorted and neglected to look at him even though from his staring I knew he was begging me to acknowledge him. 

Once again Scott sighed and then stood up. "Breakfast?" He asked hopefully and walked over to the kitchen area. 

"Not hungry." I muttered and tucked my legs up to my knees to snuggle closer into the armchair. My phone had rung and the text tone had gone off several times whilst I'd been sat but every time I didn't want to answer nor read what whoever it was had to say. 

"Of course you're not." Scott huffed and disappeared into the kitchen. 

Whilst he was gone I took the opportunity to look through my text messages and who had been calling me. 

You have 10 missed calls

John.
Mrs Hudson. 
D.I. Lestrade. 
Molly (Morgue).

Each of which had called me twice each respectively and then John called me four times. Each of them had left me a voicemail expressing their concern.

Molly (Morgue)
'Hi Darcy, it's Molly... from the Morgue... anyway I was just calling because after what happened... John was worried. Please call me back... or John, John would be better, when you get this. Thanks, bye.'
'Hi Darcy, it's Molly... again... Molly from the Morgue, John is really worried, we all are, and want you to get in touch. Okay, um, thanks, be safe.'

D.I. Lestrade
'Alright kid, look, we've scoured the scene and you weren't found anywhere. John knows you were there, witnesses saw you get into a car with a stranger, check back in to let us know where you are. Thanks, it's Greg by the way... Lestrade. Bye.'

'Darcy, it's Greg again. Please check back in with us so we know you're safe. John and Mrs Hudson are worried. Thanks, bye.'

Mrs Hudson
'Hello, dear, just me. I heard about... about what happened and you haven't turned up, we're all just a bit worried, love. See you soon.'
'Me again, I've never seen John this worried... please call him as soon as you get this. Thank you, love.'