Chapter 47- The Worst of Times.

A/N- Finally! This took forever because I had some work experience and lost my flow halfway through but it's here... can't quite believe it...

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Third Person POV

The roof of St Barts hospital would have been eerily quiet had it not been for the song Stayin' Alive being played ominously from a mobile phone. The phone was in the hand of a man with slicked back hair and a Westwood suit. 

Jim Moriarty. Waiting for the Detective to arrive. 

But when the door to the roof opened and Sherlock Holmes stepped out Jim Moriarty didn't even acknowledge him. He started speaking as the Detective walked across the rooftop. "Ah. Here we are at last- you and me, Sherlock, and our problem - the final problem." Moriarty held his phone up higher. "Stayin' alive! So boring, isn't it?" He then switched the music off angrily. "It's just..." Moriarty held his hand out with the palm facing downward and moved it along horizontally, "...staying." 

As he finished speaking he brought his hand closer to put his head into it while Sherlock Holmes paced around. "All my life I've been searching for distractions. You were the best distraction and now I don't even have you. Because I've beaten you." Whilst Sherlock continued to pace his head turned to face Moriarty sharply as he continued to speak, "And you know what? In the end it was easy." 

Sherlock stopped pacing and put his hands behind his back as he listened to Moriarty's quiet, disappointed sounding rant. "It was easy. Now I've got to go back to playing with the ordinary people. And it turns out you're ordinary just like all of them." In his disappointment Moriarty put his head in his hands again and rubbed his face. "Ah well." He then looked up at Sherlock before standing and walking closer. 

"Did you almost start to wonder if I was real? If Darcy was real? Did I nearly get you?" Moriarty taunted as he paced around Sherlock like a shark. 

Sherlock stood still and simply said, "Richard Brook." 

"Nobody seems to get the joke, but you do." Moriarty retorted but seemed to have the ghost of a smile on his face. 

"Of course." Sherlock stated and continued to stare out at the city of London. 

Moriarty smile again as he paced around. "Attaboy." 

But the Detective, however, wasn't smiling as he clarified, "Rich Brook in German is Reichen Bach- the case that made my name." 

"Just tryin' to have some fun." Moriarty chided in a feigned American accent as he paced in a circle around Sherlock. He glanced down as Sherlock tapped his fingers against his other clenched fist. "Good. You got that too." Moriarty commented and he smiled more. 

"Beats like digits." Sherlock explained and watched the consulting criminal as he walked around, "Every beat is a one; every rest is a zero. Binary code. That's why all those assassins tried to save my life. It was hidden on me; hidden inside my head- a few simple lines of computer code to break into any system." 

The pair stopped and looked at one another as Moriarty spoke, "Told all my clients; last one to Sherlock is a sissy." 

Sherlock then gestured up to his head with two fingers and took a confident step forward. :Yes, but now that it's up here, I can use it to alter the records. I can kill Rich Brook and bring back Jim Moriarty."

Moriarty closed his eyes and turned away in disappointment. "No, no, no, no, no, this is too easy." Once again he buried his head in his hands. "This is too easy." Moriarty lowered his hands and gazed back at Sherlock. "There is no key, DOOFUS!" The last word was screamed into Sherlock's face as Moriarty lunged closer towards him.