Chapter 38- Can Amateur And Expert Be Used In The Same Sentence?

A/N- Can only apologise for the lateness and I don't know how good this chapter is >-< Once again I had an idea that ran away with me... oops, enjoy!

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The image of Moriarty's writing on the glass was ingrained in my memory all the way back to Baker Street and for the couple of hours the three of us sat trying to compute what had happened earlier that day. I'd left my phone at the flat not wanting to be anywhere near it, the guilt was eating at me.

I sat on the sofa and just stared at the mantelpiece where I'd discarded it as we left. Sherlock had situated himself back at the kitchen table to study something in his microscope as though nothing had actually gone on at all.

But it had. Moriarty had broken into the Tower of London and attempted to steal the Crown Jewels, only to sit there and let himself get arrested. That alone bugged me.

"You should have known." Sherlock stated and I glanced over to see he was no longer looking into his microscope but staring straight ahead. He then turned to look over at me and frowned. "Should have known what?"

I opened my mouth to answer but then closed it as I didn't know what to say. John lowered the corner of the newspaper he was reading to give me a questioning look as well. I sighed and sat forward, putting my head in my hand. "Moriarty he... he sent me a couple of texts." John went to shout at me but I carried on speaking before he could, "I didn't think anything of them. Tried to ignore him, thinking he was just trying to get me to talk to him and take his side in everything."

"Show me." Sherlock demanded and abandoned his microscope, walking into the living room and stood in front me.

I sighed and shook my head, "I can't, I deleted them. I'm sorry but I can remember, vaguely, what he said... just kept asking me if I wanted to go to the Tower of London with him."

"And that didn't trigger alarm bells?" Sherlock questioned sternly.

"You know what he's like!" I exclaimed and threw my arms up in the air. "I just thought he was being... odd. I'm sorry, okay? I've seen him, up close. How he behaves around me is different to how he is with you."

Sherlock just breathed out a disdainful laugh and turned on the spot. John seemed to angry to talk to me at this point as Sherlock questioned again, "Did he get in touch today?"

I nodded slowly and looked away from them both. "Yes. Twice." Sherlock's fists clenched in anger and John went back to reading his newspaper as though he didn't want to look at me. "You don't understand, the way it sounded and the way he wrote it... it wasn't like he just said, 'Hey, I'm going to break into the Tower of London. Fancy lending a hand, daughter dear?'" I spoke with sarcasm and stood up from the sofa, walking over to the curtained window.

"You're not going to the trial." Sherlock stated and took a step closer to me apprehensively.

John shook his newspaper out and chipped in, "I concur. You're not going anywhere near Moriarty, no way."

Lestrade had told us as we left the Tower of London crime scene that there would be a trial soon. As if they needed one he was caught in the act. He sat on the throne for God's sake.

"But that's not fair!" I argued and crossed my arms. "I want to see Moriarty get put behind bars for good."

Sherlock merely tilted his head indifferently and turned away as the door to the living room swung open. We all looked over to see Lestrade standing there with his hands on his hips. "So, how did it go?" Sherlock asked and looked as though he would do anything to change the subject, well partly.