Chapter 26- Are You The Devil? Actually, No, I'm Not.

A/N- This is a long chapter but I think you'll like the end... it sets up this section perfectly I think. Enjoy XD

Not edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The client in question had been let in by Mrs Hudson and we listened as she led him up the stairs to our flat. I sat expectantly on the sofa as the door opened and Mrs Hudson introduced the man as Henry Knight.

He looked extremely scared and I didn't even have to deduce that, his hands were quite visibly shaking. John coaxed him into the room and sat Henry down in his armchair. I sat forward as Henry handed John a DVD and asked him to put it on.

As John fiddled with the DVD player I frowned over at Henry trying to find out everything I could about him.

Nicotine Stains on Fingers- Smoker. Trembling Fingers- Hasn't Smoked Today. Busy. Holding Napkin- Typically One From Train. Took First Train This Morning- Disappointing Breakfast Then Of Course Something With Ketchup Given The Smear At The Side Of His Mouth Probably A Sandwich.

It was a lot to take in and by the time I'd finished the DVD had started to play on the TV. Scenes of the rolling hills of the countryside appeared on screen and I furrowed my brow in confusion of what exactly was being shown on screen.

"Dartmoor." A woman's voiceover spoke on the telly. "It's always been as place of myth and legend, but is there something else lurking out here- something very real?"

Then, some 'Keep Out' signs appeared on screen with skull and cross bones on them. Followed by a female reporter walking along a narrow road and speaking to the camera. "Because Dartmoor's also home to one of the government's most secret of operations..."

I glanced over at Sherlock as soon as the reporter mentioned the government and then went back to the screen where the footage had moved onto showing a large sign...

AUTHORISED PERSONNEL ONLY
YOU ARE NOW ENTERING A RESTRICTED AREA
BASKERVILLE

Baskerville. I'd never heard of it.

Henry Knight was wringing his hands together as he watched the programme on screen. The fear and worry was still permanently etched onto his face.

"...the chemical and biological weapons research centre which is said to be even more sensitive than Porton Down." The voiceover woman continued. "Since the end of the Second World War, there've been persistent stories about the Baskerville experiments: genetic mutations, animals grown for the battlefield."

My eyes widened a little and I glanced over at Henry again to see he had become even more nervous. No longer interested in the documentary since it told us nothing about what Henry was actually doing here, I picked up my phone and decided to finally read the mountains of texts I had received.

Scott- Try me, where are you, D? X

Scott- Darcy, please? X

Scott- Never mind. I give up with you.

Scott- Nothing? I'd call you but you wouldn't answer.

Scott- I'll be at the club if you want to talk.

I sighed and put my phone back down on the table. I would not be making the trek to go see him, especially not since this new client seemed so mysterious.

"I was just a kid." Henry Knight's voice came from the TV and I looked up to see him speaking as part of the documentary. "It-it was on the moor."