Chapter 2- Settling In With My Captor... Fun.

A/N- Picture attached includes Darcy's dress and shoes she wears later on in this chapter... finally got this up and wanted to make sure it was right, enjoy ;)

~~~~

Darcy's POV

I glared over at this woman and argued, "Home?" My eyes wandered over the lavish house and I thought about how there was no way I could possibly live in a place as nice as this.

"Yes." Miss Adler answered simply and when I shot her a look of disbelief she added, "You're going to be staying here for a while."

Really? Here. In this mansion of a house?

I frowned at her and crossed my arms, "Why?"

"Jim wants to keep you safe." She said sweetly.

"But why here? Why not back at the orphanage? I was safe there." I continued to argue and my voice raised a little.

I could swear I heard her giggle slightly and she shook her head, "And let anyone be able to get their hands on you? I don't think so."

"So, this is Moriarty's way of keeping me under his control and yet make sure I'm not in his way." I nodded and clenched my jaw, then muttered, "Clever..."

"It is. Now, shall I show you to your room?" She suggested and I couldn't help but question how nice she was being, if she was working with a consulting criminal then that would make her a criminal too, right? Her being nice and polite to me was one of the last things I expected.

So, that's why I immediately discredited the idea that she was being actually nice and just faking it to lull me into a false sense of security.

"Follow me." She ordered, although rather softly, and sauntered past me towards the stairs, "As you are to be living under my roof, you must abide by some rules."

I rolled my eyes from behind her and she glared at me as she caught me when she stopped at the bottom step, "Sorry." I half-smiled and put my hands in my pockets.

"We'll make that rule number one." She said rather harshly and went to ascend the stairs, "Rule number two, you will have free reign between your bedroom, the kitchen, bathroom and the living room only."

I made sure to walk slightly behind her and take in her body language as she walked, she swung her hips confidently and yet her fingers tapped anxiously against thigh.

"So, I get my own room?" I asked sceptically.

She nodded and smirked slightly, "Of course, I couldn't very well let you sleep on the couch, could I?"

My thoughts were drawn immediately to Baker Street and I subconsciously cricked my neck as she continued with her rules, "You must wear only the clothes I provide for you."

Looking at Miss Adler and the attire she was wearing, I could only assume that that would mean a lot of dresses for me.

"There will be no contact of any sort with anyone outside of this house, unless I say so." She just kept adding rules and I suddenly felt trapped, and that this would be way worse than being in the orphanage. Way worse.

We reached a landing with about four doors or so, many more than I had anticipated with what should be a usual town house layout, and there was still another floor. I tried to look up the stairs to the third floor and was stopped by Miss Adler clearing her throat.

"Up there is off limits indefinitely." She warned as I turned back to her and then nodded, she pointed to a door just at the top of the stairs, "Here is where you will attend elocution lessons with me every morning, unless I say otherwise."