Chapter 9- One Of His- What?

A/N- GIF is somewhat related, it's also really adorable ;)

~~~~

Darcy's POV

All three of them were staring at me, waiting for an explanation, and I honestly didn't know what to tell them. I'd pretended Moriarty was my Dad. Which was unforgivable.

Nobody else was paying attention to us, they'd all gone back to whatever it was they were talking about, despite that I still felt there were a hundred eyes on me. I looked between each of the three people stood around me, my nerves building.

Then, what really shocked me was, Moriarty started to smile. Really, smile and he put a hand on my shoulder, "You really have changed. Look at you, you're perfect." He announced and I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Miss Adler, Sebastian, both of you have done well." He added and looked at the two people stood either side of him.

Moran and Irene both seemed to relax a little as well, and Moran stepped forward, "The boy's head wound, was that...you?" He asked, gesturing at me with the glass he'd picked up again.

Moriarty let go of my shoulder and grabbed his own glass as I nodded timidly, "Yes, it was."

"What exactly did he do to warrant it?" Irene inquired, crossing her arms loosely as Moriarty stood by my side.

I took a moment to think about how to word it before answering, "He got a bit too close for my liking, Miss."

She smirked and etched closer to me, "How? Do tell."

"He kissed me, it wasn't-" I started to explain.

"He what?" Moriarty cut me off, angrily, and I looked over at him. His grip on his glass was firm and I feared he might shatter it.

I stuttered and reiterated, "Scott kissed me." Again, Moriarty looked very angry and so I added, "But I didn't want him to and so I twisted his arm, pushed him into a wall and then cracked his head on said wall."

Irene sighed and I looked to see her shaking her head at me, "He was a handsome young man, I'd say you acted rather rashly, wouldn't you?"

"I don't think so." Moriarty said before I could reply and I glanced over at him, he took hold of my chin turning my head to face him properly. He put his hand on my cheek and added with a slight smile on his face, "Nobody can have you, unless I say so."

I couldn't tell in that moment whether he was joking, playing up to the role of 'Dad' as I'd so given him earlier, or if he was actually being serious. The way he acted at the Pool all those weeks ago, so caring and fatherly, and here he was acting the very same way.

Did he really think of me as his daughter? Oh dear.

My eyes flitted up to look at Moran who had one hand casually in the pocket of his trousers and took a sip of his drink. I looked back at Moriarty as he lowered his hand and raised his eyebrows, I smiled as best as I could, "Of course, Sir."

His expression hardened briefly and then softened as he said, "Right, well, I've got clients I need to have a few words with. So, if you don't mind, it was great seeing you again Darcy." I frowned as he pulled me in for a small hug and said, "I'm proud of you."

I gave him a little hug in return and he patted my forearm before walking away, Moran went to follow but stopped and said, "I'll see you at training, bright and early Monday morning, Byrne." He nodded and walked after Moriarty, leaving Irene and I together.

"This is probably where you expect me to say, 'don't listen to him, go and get any man you want'." Irene said as soon as the two men were out of earshot and then sighed, "But, I value you, as an asset and... I suppose as a person."