Chapter 10- Carrot On A Stick.

A/N- Not been edited yet... sorry if there's grammar or spelling mistakes, feel free to correct >-<

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The next morning I was back at the firing range, practising, with my ear defenders over my ears and a pistol in my hands. I was firing every bullet I had, then quickly taking out the magazine and reloading. This became my system and never ending cycle for an entire hour, I didn't know how many bullets I'd wasted.

I was in the zone and paid no attention to anyone in the room with me, which was mainly just Sebastian but there were a couple of men in suits in other booths.

A tap on my shoulder caused me to turn around and I pointed my pistol right at Sebastian's forehead, he held his hands up in surrender and I sighed before lowering my gun. I took off my ear defenders, "What is it, Sebastian?" I asked him and he crossed his arms.

"Would you have shot me?" He glossed over my question.

I huffed, shrugged, and then reloaded again, "No, of course not."

"Wrong answer." He stated and I rolled my eyes as he continued, "Irene's car is here to take you home."

"I'm not supposed to be leaving for another hour, whatever it is Miss Adler wants me for it must be important." I rattled off and turned back to the target I was previously shooting at.

Sebastian put a hand on my shoulder and turned me back to face him, "Exactly, so, you need to go home." I stumbled as he dragged me away from the range and I dropped the gun on the shelf as he did.

"Easy." I warned and he let go of my shoulder, "Thank you."

He led me outside and I saw Tim stood by the car, I smiled and trotted up the stairs. I hugged Tim lightly, "Tim!"

Tim flinched back as I wrapped my arms around his neck in a hug and then returned the hug, "Hello, Miss." He said quietly.

I let him go and glared at him, then returned the smile to my face and turned back to Sebastian, "Bye, Seb!" I called down to him and he shook his head, waved and went back inside.

When I looked back at Tim he was holding the car door open, "Miss Adler is waiting for you back home, I believe she has something important to tell you."

"Thank you, Tim." I said and slid into the car, Tim drove us away from the range and through London at a bit of a faster speed than usual despite the traffic.

What surprised me though was that he took a different route and drove along Baker Street, my eyes widened and I sat up in my seat. I looked up at Tim through the rear-view mirror and he quirked a half-smile before tilting the mirror slightly.

221B came into view, the black door and golden trimmings feeling somewhat foreign to me now. Tim slowed as we passed by the door and I noticed the door knocker was tilted where it was. I smiled and waited with bated breath in case the door opened but it didn't.

I sat back in my seat again and sighed as we drove on past, Tim sped up again and we were back home in a matter of minutes. Tim let me out of the car and I walked up to the front door, not even saying a word to him otherwise.

Upon opening the door, I called, "Miss Adler?" No answer and I added, "You wanted to see me?" I shut the front door behind me and looked around.

"Up here, dear!" Irene shouted from upstairs and seeing as though I was in my gym wear and trainers, I hurried up the stairs to where her voice was coming from.

The door at the end of the corridor on the left opened, "Come in." Irene said and I jogged over, peering inside to see her stood in a black sparkly dress in front of the mirror.