Chapter 24- And I Thought Snakes On A Plane Were Bad.

A/N- So, I lied... I'm a day late, huge apologies! Anyway, this chapter is huge, 5,000 odd words, I thought you all deserved it and if it gets tedious... sorry again XD enjoy...

Note edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

As much as I absolutely loved libraries, I preferred spending time there when I was reading works of fiction and not when I was obsessed with researching something that seemed to be important.

I must have been through tons of books looking for anything to do with Coventry and aeroplanes. I'd found a couple of things about each topic separately but not anything that linked them together.

I'd piled up all of the useless books to one side, but taking note of anything that sounded important. Like the model of the planes and Coventry as a city. Either I was looking in all the wrong places or there was no connection and I was just wasting my time.

My phone was on the table beside me, just in case Sherlock text since I had left him and John alone with Irene Adler. I still felt a little bad about that.

I slammed my most recent hopeless case closed and sighed. Thankfully I was distracted from my self depreciative thoughts by my phone vibrating and lighting up.

Scott- Quick question, can you come into my Dad's bank? I need you to check something for me? X

I rolled my eyes and typed my answer quickly.

Me- What happened to not seeing each other? No. I can't. I'm busy anyway. X

Happy, I picked up another book and scanned the contents page. Only to have my phone buzz once more.

Scott- They won't know you're there for me. Please, love. X

Me- I am busy. Sorry, Scott but I can't. X

Scott- Fine. I only wanted you to check if someone was lying to me. What are busy with? X

Me- Research. But I've hit a wall. X

Scott- Research for what? X

Me- None of your business. It's for a very important case. X

Someone sitting down in front of me caused me to look up from my phone, only I was not best pleased about who I saw there. Out of sheer terror I reached behind me to grab my coat but his hand firmly grasped my wrist to stop me.

"Sit. I want to talk, plainly." His accent rang true in his voice and I could hear the menace in his tone.

So, I calmly lowered myself back into my chair and slipped my phone into my pocket. Jim Moriarty smirked and took the sunglasses from his face, he gestured to my pocket with them. "I'm guessing Irene Adler gave that to you. I should have got your number from her, I didn't even think..." He rambled a little and sat back in his chair.

I'd almost forgotten we were in a library at all and it was like we were back at the pool, him intimidating me and me going along with every word he said.

"You know, if there was ever anything you wanted to ask me about your childhood... all you had to do was find me." Moriarty spoke menacingly and sat forward a little. His sunglasses now resting gently on the table in front of him.

I rested my hands in my lap and clenched my fists. "What? And come crawling back to you? Just like you wanted?" I retorted sarcastically. "So you could make me your little spy, your little soldier."

Darkness Changes... (BBC Sherlock Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara