Chapter 15- Taken 2: British Government Special.

A/N- I'm so proud of the title, haha. Longer chapter, think quite a few of the chapters in this book are going to be longer... Not edited, any questions feel free to ask or correct any mistakes...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

If I were to say I ran up the stairs to the flat so I could at least tell John that I'd realised my mistake and rushed home, I would be lying. Because, I realised that I was already late and what point was there in exerting myself for no reason?

So, I took a steady walk up the creaky stairs instead. Upon reaching the door I heard two things.

One- John Pacing.
Two- The Tapping Of Fingers On Phone Keyboard.

Sensing John's obvious worry, even from outside the flat, I thought it best to not stroll in casually and anger him further. 

Tentatively I opened the door to the flat and poked my head inside. John was, as I had deduced, was pacing back and forth across the living room. "Where the hell have you been?!" He exclaimed as his gaze met mine.

I raised my hands in surrender and stepped fully into the flat. "I wandered further than I had anticipated and lost track of time. I'm sorry, Dr Watson."

"John!" He corrected me loudly. "My name is John! You always call me John! Or Blondie, if you want to be annoying!"

His expression was one of confusion and anger. "I'm sorry..." I paused mid-speech. "...John." His face softened and he ran a hand through his hair.

"What happened to you?" John sighed as if he knew I weren't going to answer and put his hands on his hips. "I changed the sheets on my bed, you can sleep up there tonight." He added immediately after and waved a hand in the direction of the stairs.

I shook my head and turned to the sofa. "I wouldn't want to intrude. I'll take the sofa." I sat down and ran my hands across my dress. Being back in the flat again made me feel enclosed and I just wished Sherlock would wake up so I could talk to him. Find out what he thought about the whole situation.

"Doctor's orders. Take my room, get a good nights sleep." John said firmly and left the living room as an end of the discussion.

Little did John know I'd been sleeping really well the past couple of days, given the circumstances of the torture that messed with my head. But I wouldn't argue with John further and take his room.

I'd reclaim the sofa tomorrow night.

While John wandered to check on Sherlock I slipped my jacket and shoes off. I took my phone from my jacket and put it on the hanger and my shoes by the door before heading to the stairs after picking up my bag.

John had his head poking though Sherlock's bedroom door and I sighed, hoping Sherlock was okay, then walked slowly towards John's bedroom.

I slipped inside the room and found it to be an ordered, simple bedroom. Typical of John Watson. I closed the door behind me and put my bag over on the bed, sitting down next to it. I dropped my phone gently on John's bedside table and brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear.

After I changed into my pyjamas I laid on top of the covers of the bed and stared up at the ceiling. How strange it was to be in John Watson's room. The colour scheme did little for me, it was magnolia and nothing special.

My room at Irene's had been white but at least the patterns caught your eye. The pyjamas I'd brought with me were my favourite ones I'd gotten from her. Silk, blue, long sleeves and bottoms. Comfortable.