Chapter 29- Wow, So Henry Is, Um, Rich?

A/N- Sorry! I have been super busy with Christmas holidays, schoolwork, revision and my portfolio for Uni... argh I'm just too busy! XD

This hasn't been edited, feel free to correct ;)

~~~~

Darcy's POV

In the rear view mirror of the jeep Sherlock kept glaring at me, after what I said before we got in the car. None of us had said a word since leaving Baskerville and all the palaver with Doctor Stapleton, Doctor Frankland and Major Barrymore.

Sherlock was driving us back to the village and I couldn't help but wonder where we were going now. To break the silence I leant forward and pulled on my seatbelt. "So, the missing luminous rabbit... taken from Kirsty."

"Kirsty Stapleton, whose mother specialises in genetic manipulation." Sherlock agreed and looked at me again through the rear view mirror, but not glaring this time.

John turned to us both. "She made her daughter's rabbit glow in the dark."

"I'm no scientist so... how the hell did she manage that?" I frowned at Sherlock and put a hand to my forehead.

Sherlock barely thought for a moment and answered quickly, "Probably a fluorescent gene removed and spliced into the specimen. Simple enough these days."

I nodded and smiled. "So we know that Stapleton performs secret genetic experiments on animals, poor things."

"Hm-hmm." Sherlock agreed. "The question is: has she been working on something deadlier than a rabbit?" I put my hands together and gestured forward as I leant back in my seat.

John shrugged. "To be fair, that is quite a wide field."

"That's true." I chuckled as Sherlock looked over at John in shock, as though just realising himself that John was right.

Sherlock turned us down a road that I was sure we hadn't gone down before although I could have been wrong. All the roads looked the same in this place.

"So, in the village...?" John asked and turned his head around slightly. I hummed in reply and looked out the window. "That boy? Who was that?"

I turned back to him with a glare. "Nobody."

"A friend?" John raised his eyebrows at me.

My glare intensified and I crossed my arms. "Sure. Now will you stop prying and focus on the case?" I retorted sternly.

"A friend that followed you all the way to Devon." John mused and I could sense to teasing tone in his voice. "I'm assuming he followed you since you don't know anyone in Devon."

I sat forward angrily. "I swear to god, John, if you don't shut up-"

"How about you both shut up?" Sherlock said sternly as we pulled into the drive of  a large house and then stopped the car. "We're here."

John and I kept glaring at each other, as we unbuckled our seatbelts and got out of the car. Upon stepping onto the gravel drive my eyes widened at the sight of the humongous house that must have been about four storeys.

"Woah. Nice place, who's is it?" I commented and looked over at Sherlock as he went into the conservatory at the front of the house, that looked a little run down, and rung the door.

Straight after, someone opened the door and I smiled at who it was. "Hi." Henry Knight, our client, said somewhat brightly as he stood in the door.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile and a wave, almost in disbelief that this was his house.

Henry waved us inside. "Come in, come in."