Chapter 20- Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It... Oh.

A/N- Just an FYI I changed a tiny bit in the last chapter if you're a continuing and not a brand new reader, just the time of the Christmas event in this chapter since I did some more digging into the script...

Huge chapter: 4,306 approx. Wow... This hasn't been edited either...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Christmas Eve was tomorrow and then the day after that was Christmas Day. Not that that meant anything to me, I wouldn't be doing anything special nor would Sherlock. Unless Santa got murdered.

I'd barely left Sherlock's room for the past couple of days and I didn't intend to today either, especially with everyone coming over this evening. Mrs Hudson was already sat in the living room with Sherlock and John.

The others would more than likely be arriving soon. Great.

Scott had been gone almost three weeks now. He kept up the consistent texting and phone calls but there weren't as many. Which I was glad for, since my phone wasn't going off every half an hour or so.

I'd raided Sherlock's bookcase for suitable reading material to keep me entertained in the solitude I'd put myself in. I always asked Sherlock if he wanted to sleep here and I'd take the sofa. But most of the time he declined, which only meant I spent more time separated.

I preferred it this way for now. I needed to keep distant otherwise, who knew what I'd be capable of doing to them? I could snap and hurt one of them.

Currently I was sat reading 'The Island of Dr Moreau' by H. G. Wells, I was quite surprised to find it in Sherlock's collection since it's science fiction. But with the topic of science and vivisection, I shouldn't have been that surprised.

I was engrossed in the supposed science behind Dr Moreau's work. So engrossed in fact that I hadn't even noticed the time pass by, people arrive and three messages come through on my phone.

Scott- I've just had a goat burger. Tasted weird if I'm being honest. X

Scott- Look at what you've resorted me to... texting you about meat. X

The other wasn't from Scott though and I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Kate- In case I get too drunk and forget... Merry Christmas, Darcy. xx

Whether she was being nice or had an ulterior motive, that possibly had something to do with Irene I didn't know. But I didn't see how it could be anything other than her being nice since she was just wishing me a Merry Christmas as we had gotten close before I left.

So, put down my book and typed in a reply to Kate.

Me- Thank you, Kate. Merry Christmas to you too xx

But I left Scott's messages unanswered as usual, since they weren't all that relevant nor did I want to answer them.

The voices of the people who'd arrived for the get together grew louder and I knew more had arrived. I could distinctly hear Lestrade's voice and a woman's I didn't know.

It must have been John's girlfriend... Jeanell?

In an attempt to block them out, I picked my book up again and continued to read. I was sat up with my back against the headboard, still dressed in my now normal jogging bottoms and t-shirt.

They were comfy and I wasn't complaining.

Over the muffled voices in there I could here Sherlock playing 'We Wish You A Merry Christmas' on his violin and I couldn't help but smile.