Chapter 45- It's Moriarty But Not As We Know Him.

A/N- This took forever and I apologise... but it's here finally so enjoy :)

This hasn't been edited yet...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

He didn't look anything like he normally did. His casual attire was nowhere near as intimidating as when he wore a suit. And he was carrying...  a shopping bag?

I kept myself hidden in the limited darkness of the jennel, with my wrists still handcuffed together, as I didn't want to get myself into an even worse situation. The fact he wasn't wearing his Westwood suit had me worried about what he had planned.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I asked sceptically and tried to appear confident in front of him but he could see right through me. I don't know why I even bothered I knew very well I couldn't lie in front of him.

He looked down at the red cardigan and white t-shirt he was wearing along with some black jeans. "What do you mean?" Moriarty questioned but not in his intimidating tone, much like his attire, he spoke casually. I frowned at him as he gestured to the set of handcuffs around my wrists. "You'll probably need to get out of those though."

When Moriarty put his shopping bag down and stepped toward me I instinctively took a step away from him. "Do you want my help or not?" He asked and took what looked like a hair grip from the pocket of his cardigan.

I huffed and held my restrained hands out to him with a disinterested look on my face. Moriarty prepped the hair grip and set about picking the lock, it took him all of a few seconds to accomplish and the handcuffs fell from my wrists to clatter to the floor. "There we go, much better." He said in cheery tone that was very out of place for him and he turned to pick up his shopping bag again. "Do you need somewhere to stay, I live just down the road?" He asked in what sounded like a sincere tone as he looked back over at me.

Apprehensively I stepped out of the shadows and wanted to question why he was acting so weird. Well, weird for him. It was then that he held his hand out to me and smiled, actually smiled. "I'm Richard, by the way, Richard Brook." Moriarty introduced himself as though he were a completely different person.

"What? No, no-" I stammered and then stopped myself to look directly at Moriarty. "I'm not doing this. Not again." I spoke firmly and walked out of the jennel my shoulder brushing past Moriarty's as I did.

"Doing what again?" Moriarty called after me and I stopped walking then turned to face him. He was just staring at me and his posture was all wrong, he was slumped forward slightly and the hand that wasn't holding the shopping bag was in the pocket of his cardigan.

I squinted my eyes at him and for a split second I actually believed that this man wasn't Moriarty but Richard Brook. But then I remembered that that is exactly what he wanted and shook my head before walking away again. "Nope, not doing it." I put my hands up in surrender and stepped onto the pavement.

"Wait!" Moriarty blurted out as I started to walk down the street and I heard him walking quickly after me. "Do you need somewhere to stay or-?"

I put my hand up and shook it. "No, I'm good, thanks." I said as I glanced over my shoulder to see Moriarty jogging- actually jogging- after me.

He managed to catch up and then stood in front of me stopping me in my tracks. "You're wandering around London alone, that's not safe." Moriarty spoke and the ruse he had been using in his voice faltered.

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows at him. "Why are you doing this? It's ridiculous."

Moriarty glared at me slightly and I smiled at the fact I had managed to get him to drop his attempts at manipulating me. "Fine, evidently I can't pull this trick with you." His hand came out of the pocket of his cardigan and his face became stern. "Come with me." With that he turned away from me and took a step to walk.