Chapter 34- Dismembered... Is That The Right Word, Dismembered?

A/N- Just quickly, haven't edited this yet but you probably get the gist by now XD

~~~~

Darcy's POV

Scott continued to cradel my head while I held him tightly but I soon calmed myself down and pushed him away lightly. He held me out at arms length and frowned, I nodded reassuringly and turned away from him.

Henry was staring down at the dead dog before he slowly turned to Frankland, "It's just... You bastard." I darted out the way and ran into Scott as Henry hurled himself at Frankland, screaming, "You bastard!"

Scott charged forward with John and Lestrade to try to pull Henry off Frankland as he shouted in his face, "Twenty years! Twenty years of my life making no sense! Why didn't you just kill me?!"

"Because dead men get listened to." Sherlock answered as the other three managed to pull Henry off of Frankland. "He needed to do much more than kill you. He had to discredit every word you ever said about you father, and he had the means to right at his feet- a chemical minefield; pressure pads in the ground dosing you up every time that you came back here." Sherlock rattled off all in one go.

I turned on the spot and looked around the Hollow. "Murder weapon and scene of the crime all at once." I added and turned back to Frankland.

Sherlock let out a laugh of delight, "Oh, this case, Henry! Thank you. It's been brilliant."

"Sherlock..." John spoke warningly.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Scott smirk a little as Sherlock faced John and asked, "What?"

"Timing." John answered under his breath.

Sherlock looked over at me and furrowed his brow, "Not good?"

"Bit not good, yeah." I spoke with smile and took my torch back out of my pocket.

Henry looked between Sherlock and myself. "No, no, it's- it's okay." He said slowly, "It's fine, because that means..." As he took a step towards Frankland again John stood between them, "...this means my dad was right."

Frankland got up onto his knees and I watched as Scott and Lestrade put a hand on Henry's shoulders to hold him back as he moved toward him. "He found something out, didn't he, and that's why you'd killed him- because he was right, and he'd found you right in the middle of an experiment." Henry spoke tearfully.

I went to step forward as Frankland stood up properly but I turned quickly as snarl came from behind me. Everybody turned towards the dog and my eyes widened in shock, how was it still alive?

The dog let out a pain filled whine as it got up from the ground and I stumbled away from it. John just took out his pistol, aimed and fired at it twice. I breathed a sigh of relief as the dog fell limply back to the floor.

But Frankland seemed to have taken the distraction as an opportunity to escape and took off running in the opposite direction. Sherlock decided it would then be a good idea to run straight in front of John's line of fire and I rolled my eyes as John lowered his gun.

Sherlock ran after Frankland and Scott looked over at me, as if asking permission to help and I answered him by hurrying after Sherlock myself. Scott was soon at my side as we followed Sherlock up the slope and out of the Hollow.

"Frankland!" Sherlock shouted to the scientist.

We ran through the woods after him, all holding our torches up so we could see where we were going, and I managed to hear Sherlock shout again, "It's no use, Frankland!"