Chapter 35- Sherlock's Looking A Bit... Off?

A/N- Sooo... this chapter, well, I don't think it's my  best but I like where it's going. As per usual didn't go how I planned it might but I had an idea and ran with it... oops XD

Not edited yet... enjoy :)

~~~~

Darcy's POV

The final morning waking up in that hotel bed was both an absolute blessing but also terribly upsetting. I had grown used to having my own bed, my own room. All alone. Just me. No sleeping on the sofa.

It was getting close to my eighteenth birthday and I couldn't sleep on Sherlock and John's sofa for the rest of my life. The job Mycroft had offered was looking somewhat appealing in the ten minutes I lay awake that morning in that comfortable bed. I could be an MI6 agent or some kind of espionage person, frankly I had no clue what exactly it was Mycroft was specifically have me doing.

So, I quickly rejected the thought and got on with getting changed, then putting the clothes I had left in the wardrobe back in my suitcase that I'd left on the floor. I didn't bother to try and put any of them back in nicely, I'd deal with it when we got home.

The stairs to the lower floor were a nightmare to heave my suitcase down since they were small and case I had to carry kept hitting the walls. About halfway down the stairs I had a thought, I don't know where it came from but it was a sudden thought that bothered me for the next couple of steps I took.

So, I put my case on a large-ish step and left it before heading back upstairs. There weren't all that many rooms in the inn and I knew which one was Sherlock and John's, so it was just a matter of process of elimination. By knocking on doors and seeing who answered.

The first couple of rooms I tried were answered by older couples and I just had to apologise politely before moving on to the next room. Until I ended up with one left and knocked lightly on the door. No answer.

So where the hell was Scott?

I knocked once more on the door but a little louder this time and still no answer. So I just sighed and walked back to where I left my suitcase, picked it up and looked back at the hallway once more before carrying on down the stairs. When I got to the bar area Sherlock was stood there waiting for something, probably tea.

"Hi, Sherlock." I greeted with a smile and put my case on the floor by my feet, then took my room key from my pocket and stood by the bar next to him.

Sherlock just nodded in greeting and I stood waiting for Gary or Billy to appear. Which they did soon enough as Gary handed Sherlock two mugs of tea, after which Sherlock walked out the inn without saying a word, and Gary then came straight over to me.

"Checking out?" He asked with a smile although underneath it all he looked nervous. Really nervous.

"Yeah, thanks, Gary." I answered and put the key on the bar, he took it and walked over to the rack of keys.

When he returned he just smiled and tapped the bar. "It's all paid for, no problems." He assured me but then frowned as I remained standing at the bar.

"Scott Livingstone. Room 14? Do you know where he's gone?" I asked blankly and just stared straight at him. His nervousness was a gateway to get the information I wanted, he was still on edge about the hound situation.

Gary looked at me uneasily and seemed to think about whether or not he could answer before deciding, "He checked out as soon as he could this morning."

I nodded and picked up my suitcase. "Thanks, Gary." With that I left the inn and wandered outside, I stood there for a little while and flinched at the brightness of the sun. Honestly, since I was wearing all black I was overheating and considered going back inside had I not spotted John and Sherlock sat at a table.