Chapter 11- I Didn't Think The FBI Were Part Of The Fire Brigade...?

A/N- So, this chapter is dedicated to Hannah-Kae who suggested that I put in a POV from Sherlock or John... which I hadn't actually considered but think it's a really good place to add one in. Thanks for suggesting it ;)

Also, a huge thanks to -_Myra_- for commenting and making me laugh.

Both of you make my day when I get the notifications through, so thank you :)

Anyway enough soppy stuff... from me anyway, this chapter however...

~~~

Sherlock's POV

The feeling of being unnerved was one I was used to. I wasn't used to surprises, as I often deduced what was about to happen before it did.

So, firstly Irene Adler initially greeting me with no clothes on was a bit of a shock but not one I couldn't get over in time. Her knowing about the hiker with the bashed in head seemed more of a shock to me at this point than her nudity.

But the one thing that I wasn't expecting at all, in fact at first I didn't know how to react. I knew she was here, or at least with Irene Adler, but I hadn't anticipated the extent to which she had changed. Her attitude, her behaviour, her body language, and her clothing.

All different. All changed.

And I wasn't sure if sat on the sofa was the same girl John and I had had taken from us. We'd let slip away without even trying to get her back. Why I didn't I don't know. John seemed to pull me away from the idea, saying it was her decision, she wasn't on our side as it were.

I just believed it. Just like that.

Now, I wasn't sure whether to reach out and see if she was alright or just see how things turned out here. Perhaps she was happy here. Perhaps she didn't want to come back home at all.

"What photographs?" Darcy asked sternly for a second time and I could see the anger in her eyes.

So, she hadn't been told about Irene's rather risqué job, I quirked and eyebrow at Irene. Maybe we were one up on her, "She doesn't know?" I asked her, trying to hide my delight.

Irene's jaw clenched and she glared up at me from where she was sat on the sofa, although she spoke to the girl sat next to her, "Darcy, go to your room."

"Oh. So she doesn't." I confirmed, feeling the need to smile as Darcy looked between us with obvious confusion on her face.

Darcy's expression then changed completely as she stood and looked angrily between myself and Irene, "What don't I know?! Can you please just tell me?!" She exclaimed and then I watched, not knowing what to do, as Irene glared at her and she took a breath, "Miss." She added, although somewhat sarcastically.

I could see that was a hint of the old her coming through.

"Room. Now." Irene ordered.

Darcy's jaw clenched as did her hands into fists, "Which one?" She practically growled, "Mine, the training room or..." She stopped herself for a moment, as if preparing herself to speak, "...the other one?"

Other one? I glanced over Darcy, trying to find anything that might tell me what she meant and it was then that I spotted it.

Pin Prick Mark On Side Of The Neck.

Then, everything else seemed to appear to me as if I could finally see through that façade.

Faint Scorch Marks On Upper Arms- Electrocution? Slight Scar On Bottom Lip- Punch To The Face, Would Have Bled A Lot.