NU'EST: Ren- Overcome (Part One)

This imagine's dedicated to LuchiaHikaro. Thank you for requesting! ^^
~~~
*Your Pov*
"Queen (Y/l/n), I don't think you should stay in the castle." Your closest adviser says nervously.
"Why's that?" You ask cooly, studying the chandelier hanging in the middle of the throne room.
"Because of," he clears his throat; lowering it to a whisper. "Because of former Queen Lee. She's dangerous and our army can't find her. You should be in hiding since you just assumed the throne in her place." He states before adding a hasty, "in all respect, your highness."
"We've been over this," you sigh, fixing a stern glare at him. "I'm not going to go into hiding, what will my people think of me? I will be seen as a coward. Leave me." You command curtly while reaching to grab a book from beside you; trying to give him the hint that your conversation's over.
He starts to object, but another glare silences him. He bows and walks to the door, quickly turning an announcing, "Knight Choi is here." Your advisor slams the door shut before you could yell at him.
A few seconds later, a handsome boy with long, black hair strolls into the room. He stops just in front of you to kneel down. "Your highness," He states breathlessly.
"Arise, Sir Minki." You laugh, "there's no need to be so formal."
He stands, subconsciously brushing his long hair back and out of his eyes. His dark blue coat rustles as he shifts, looking uneasy.
"Sir Minki?" The laughter fades from your voice as you study his darting eyes. "What's the matter?"
"I'm worried for your safety, Miss." He mumbles, tensing as a tree scratches the window directly behind the throne. His right hand flies to his sword that's strapped securely to his belt.
Once he realizes there isn't a threat, he adjusts his longbow on his shoulder and looks you in the eye. "I have a feeling that Queen Lee's going to try and hurt you." His eyes harden and at the thought, but soften when you stand up and lay a hand on his shoulder. "Miss, I don't think that you should-"
"Sir Minki," you interrupt firmly. "I'm okay as long as you're here to protect me."
"Miss," his voice raises with urgency. "I'm honored that you have that much faith in me, but please go into hiding. Just wait until we find Queen Lee and have her executed." His pleading eyes pierce yours, begging you to agree with him.
You remove your hand, waving him away with disgust. "We both know that's not going to happen. You sound like Dongmin." You state, referring to your advisor. "Leave."
His mouth hardens into a thin line, a common habit he has when he's trying to hold back a nasty retort. "Fine," he spits out as he stalks towards the door.
When Minki's almost to the middle of the room, the window behind you makes a sound like the glass's cracking.
Minki whirls around just as the window explodes inward, showering you in shards of colored glass.
You throw your arms up to prevent the dangerously sharp pieces from cutting your face; earning a few deep cuts on your arms that most likely will need stitches.
The shards of glass settle on the floor, then you feel someone violently yank you backwards; dragging you out the opening the shattered window had created.
"(Y/n)!" Minki shouts, dropping the formal titles as he lunges to grab you; trying to pull you back into the safety of the castle.
"Minki!" You cry out, struggling against the person holding you hostage. "Minki!"
Soon you find your arms and legs bound tightly together with thick rope. You stare up at Minki, helpless to fight the man.
He's gazing down from the opening, glaring furiously at your kidnapper. He suddenly sprints away from the window, yelling, "alert the guards! Queen Lee has Queen (Y/l/n)! Get her back!"
*His Pov*
I run out of the main gates, scanning the edge of the forest for the Queen.
A dark blur moves through the trees, heading away from the palace.
I see a flash of her light blue dress and let out a piercing whistle before dashing towards the forest.
My horse trots out of his stall, galloping towards me when I let out another loud whistle.
I sprint alongside him, grabbing the reins and hauling myself onto his back while making sure he doesn't lose speed.
Once I'm securely on my horse, I pull an arrow out of the quiver hanging off the side of his saddle. I line it up in my sights, positioning the arrow right where I want it. I exhale slowly, letting the arrow loose. It meets it's marked as the kidnapper's horse shrieks in pain.
Soon, I'm following a trail of bright red blood that's clearly marked in the snow.
Gotcha. I smile grimly.