SEVENTEEN: Jun- Pranks

This imagine's dedicated to @Dollie_Beastie. Thank you for requesting! ^^
~~~
I hate him.
You wipe the flour off of your face as best as you can, staring sullenly at your reflection in the school's bathroom mirror.
The reason you looked like a baking disaster was because of one boy; Wen Junhui.
Junhui dumped the entire bag of flour on you in Home Ec when the teacher's back was turned.
One might think that the stunt was a prank pulled by a friend, but Junhui's not. At least, not anymore.
Back in middle school-when he was your closest friend- you two made a bet that you could one-up each other with pranks.
Throughout the years, the severity of the pranks that Junhui pulled escalated until you reached high school; then the pranks could be considered to be borderline bullying.
You gave up long ago attempting to pull pranks on him, hoping- in vain- that he would give up as well.
The lunch bell rings and you sigh as the bathroom is flooded by other girls fixing their hair and make-up.
~
After grabbing your lunch, you begin to pick your way around the other lunch tables; heading to your usual spot by the window.
Just as you sit down, one of the popular boys; Mingyu sits down in the opposite seat.
You eye him warily as he warmly smiles at you.
"I heard what Junhui did. I'm sorry. He's a jerk." His gentle expression shifts into worry. "Are you okay?" He reaches out and lays a hand on top of yours.
At the sudden affection, you swallow around the lump in your throat and nod wordlessly.
You smile slightly at Mingyu, the actions of Junhui being pushed to the back of your mind.
"I know we haven't really talked much-" Mingyu shyly begins. "But I would love it if you'd go on a date with me. I've liked you for a while  now."
You turn your hand so it fits into the curve of Mingyu's. "I'd love to."
Mingyu stands up; pulling you up with him. "Do you want to go to the library so we can talk some more?" He asks hopefully.
You eagerly nod and move around the table to where he's waiting.
Mingyu briefly releases your hand and a couple seconds later, you feel a cold, wet substance dripping from your hair onto your face.
Mingyu's face appears in your field of vision; his kind expression twisted into a sneer. "You really think that I'd date you? You're nowhere near my level of popularity."
You felt utterly betrayed. It was stupid of you to trust him so easily, to immediately fall for his sweet smile and smooth words.
By now, all conversations around the lunchroom have stopped as Mingyu begins to laugh loudly at your shocked expression.
"You're pathetic," Mingyu scoffs.
"No, you're pathetic," a boy's voice furiously states from behind you.
Junhui steps in between you and Mingyu, blocking your view of Mingyu with his tall figure. "I mean, you have to embarrass other people in order to get attention. Now, that's just sad." Junhui abruptly shoves Mingyu and he topples backwards onto the bench.
"Screw you, Wen. I thought you didn't even like (Y/n)," Mingyu spits out with eyes flashing with anger.
"Well, you thought wrong," Junhui growls and spins around; grabbing your wrist while pulling you away from Mingyu.
~
"Junhui! Let go of me!" You shout as he yanks you into a empty hallway.
He drops your hand and takes a step back, avoiding your gaze.
"Why did you stand up for me?"
Junhui ignores your question and reaches up to brush your damp hair out of your eyes. "Are you okay?"
You scoff, "the last boy that said that, dumped water onto my head."
He tugs you into a comforting hug; tucking your head under his chin as he rubs a hand along your back. "Well, consider yourself lucky. I don't have any water with me," he chuckles in your ear.
You abruptly shove him away. "You didn't answer my question." You can't help but be cautious about trusting him, especially with the earlier event that happened that day. "Why did you stand up for me?"
Junhui crosses his arms with a slight frown plastered on his face. "Because that's what friends do."
You scoff loudly, "friends? You think we're still friends? You basically bullied me once we became high schoolers."
He looks away in shame. "I know I went too far with my pranks- and that's inexcusable. But I could stand seeing Mingyu treat you like that..." Junhui hesitates then steps forward, cupping your cheek in the palm of his hand.
He shakily exhales once before he softly brings your lips to his.
After a long second, Junhui pulls back by a fraction. "I hope you'll forgive me."
You smile slightly and run a hand through his silky hair. "I will forgive you, it will take some time though... And most likely some payback."