BTS: Jungkook- Second Grade

This imagine's dedicated to @Kim_JooEun. Thank you for requesting! ^^
~~~
*Two Months Ago*
"(Y/n)? Can we talk?" Jungkook shifts  his weight from foot to foot nervously.
You finish putting your books and notebooks in your locker and gently shut it. "What is it?"
Instead of answering your question, Jungkook turns around and walks quickly to a secluded classroom, clearly expecting you to follow.
You huff in annoyance, but obediently trail behind him.
As soon as you're out of the door's path, Jungkook closes it and starts talking immediately, "(Y/n), I know we've known each other for a long time, but I didn't know anyone else I could talk to. Besides, you're really close to her and I would have to tell you sometime-" he stops and clears his throat.
You have a feeling what Jungkook's words are, yet you hope he'll say something else, something unexpected to save you from the crushing pain.
"Sorry, I'm babbling. I-I'm in love with Melica." He stares at you expectantly, waiting for you to be supportive, like a best friend is suppose to do.
You blink back the tears and force a smile. You try to swallow around the lump in your throat and manage to whisper, "ask her out, she told me that she likes you."
Jungkook immediately beams at your news. "Really?" He's so caught up in his happiness, he doesn't notice that you're about to burst into tears. "I'll ask her out now!" Jungkook exclaims before dashing out of the room.
You shut the door and lock it. The tightens in your chest is practically unbearable and you collapse to the floor, burying your face in your legs as tears drip down your face while sniffling loudly.
Why did it have to be her?
*Present*
It's the time of year where finals are in progress and the seniors are preoccupied with the thought of finally graduating; you being one of them.
You've just finished trying on your cap and gown, when Jungkook walks up to you; his eyes puffy and red as if he just stopped crying, and wipes his nose. "Can we talk?" He rasps.
Those are the first words has spoken to you since that day when Jungkook asked Melica out, partly because you could stand to be around either one of them.
"Why?" You push past him and stroll down the hallway.
He calls quietly after you, "Melica, she was cheating on me."
All of your anger and bitterness dissolves once you hear his broken tone.
You turn around and walk back to where he's standing and pull him into a hug. "I'm so sorry, Kookie," you mumble while rubbing his back soothingly.
He sniffles and forcefully returns the hug, nearly knocking you over. "I never thought she'd cheat on me."
You pull away from him to study his expression, gently wiping his tears off of his cheeks with your thumb. "Kookie, don't cry over Melica. She's probably not crying over you. Don't give her the satisfaction, she's not worth your tears, or your time."
He nods slightly, then murmurs, "thank you."
You hesitate for a second before leaning forward and softly press your lips to his.
Jungkook stiffens upon the contact, then shyly returns the kiss.
The kiss tastes like the salt from Jungkook's tears, yet it's the best kiss you've ever had.
He reluctantly pulls away and says breathlessly, "you like me? Since when?"
"Since second grade, you're so oblivious." You lightly hit his chest with a small laugh.
"Well, the wait has paid off." Jungkook grins broadly. "Isn't this the best graduation present?"
You briefly peck him on the lips. "Yes, it is."