Experimentation

Finn was shirtless and had what seems to be nurses and doctors surrounding him. He was growling at them violently ready to snap at their necks but he was strapped onto that metal table up straight.

I gasped at the sight of him being handled like an animal. The lab he was in was plain white with medical materials on tables and chairs scattered everywhere.

"Oh my god, what are you doing to him?" I shrieked as I scrambled to him.

Finn eyes connected with mine and his eyes softened. I laid a hand on his bruised cheek as I examined for more wounds. He seemed tired but he was fine in general.

"Come sit down," James instructed ruining our moment with a sickening face expression.

I cautiously went to sit down on a chair James pointed out with ease. The metal chair was icy cold and I shuddered. My eyes were glued on to Finn though, making sure they didn't hurt him anymore.

"Now, what is your name?" James inquired as he took a few steps in front of me.

Should I lie? But what's the point?

"Sapphire," I responded with a crack in my voice.

I nervously played with my fingers trying to control my tongue from asking questions of my own.

"And your friend's?" James continued.

"I can answer myself," Finn scoffed quietly.

I gulped and replied, "Finn."

James ran his hand through his thick blonde hair and took a deep breath.

"You're probably wondering why this is all happening so I might as well just say it. Your here to pursue our goal of having supernatural talents. We will experiment on you with one of our own people whom is dying. Her name is Violet and she has the talent of controlling storms."

My mouth hung open in bewilderedness as well as Finn's eyes widening in terror.

"W-what," I stammered.

"We have been experimenting on all of your race from ages sixteen to seventeen. Those are the only qualifying ages that are allowed for these experiments and your race is only allowed as well. Unfortunately, all of our other subjects have failed. This is where you step in," James explained.

"So basically you're going to kill us by experimenting on us because you're trying to get us to have supernatural talents like that lady," Finn snaps.

"There's a chance you could survive and adapt these talents. You see, we need those powers. They are important contributions to our society. With you both succeeding, you can help make our planet better," James demonstrates.

I let out a shaky breath and close my eyes, if I don't get a grip of myself I'm going to have a panic attack.

"Let's say we do receive these talents, who says we're going to listen to what you say? You destroyed our planet, Sapphire and I aren't going to help yours," Finn retorted.

He was right, I was never going to help these people at all. They murdered my family and that isn't something they can fix.

A dark emotion crosses James face and he strides towards Finn in two steps. They're inches away from each other's faces locked in a deadly stare.

"You will listen or I will end you. Our talented kind is dying out, but you don't think I have talents of my own?" James challenged him.

In a blink of an eye, the lab started to violently shake and then abruptly stopped. My lips quivered in fascination and horror. It was familiar feeling that I had experienced before when I took a trip to California, I could never forget the frightening experience. The vibration, my body trembling with the room, and the sense of something was breaking through. 

It only lasted for a few seconds but I knew immediately what he just did.

"You have the power to start earthquakes, don't you?" I whispered with alarm.

James turned towards me with a knowing smile and said, "Indeed."

"How many of you are left?" I choked out feeling overwhelmed.

"Just Violet and I, sadly. We have been taking blood tests and more fluids out of Violet before she dies and we are using it to experiment it on you children. We have tried to do it to our own kind but they died instantly. For some reason, your race has a fighting chance that we calculated from research. We just need that perfect match," James informed.

"So you're saying that you people came from a different planet and started an invasion for these experiments?" I implored.

James nodded stiffly as he then wandered to somewhere else. I still had more questions like, how did you find out our planet? What planet did you come from? How did you get here?

The doctors and nurses were starting to shift around preparing needles and such. I was trembling and filled with fear, most chances are that I won't survive this. I searched over to Finn to see once again his bruise on his cheek.

I didn't even realize James was behind me when i felt that familiar hot breath against my ear.

"And that's what happens when you don't listen and be a naughty person," James mumbled into my ear with a chuckle.

I shivered and controlled myself by grabbing my chair tightly. A nurse dressed in all blue came towards me with black bindings.

"What are you going to do?" I interrogated with raising panic, this couldn't happen all so quickly.

"It's okay, I'm just going to strap you in and run some tests. Please don't fight me," she reassured with a soft voice.

I bit my lower lip as she strapped my hands and feet onto the chair firmly. I winced at how tight it was, it was definitely going to leave a mark.

A tall male doctor then came walking towards me with an awful large needle filled with deep dark red liquid. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"No, please don't," I begged as he approached closer but he simply ignored me.

"Stop!" Finn bawled as they were doing the same to him also.

I felt a needle being plunged down my right wrist and noticed the nurse putting an IV there.

I cried out from the pain as then the doctor moved my head to the side. He was going to stick the needle in my neck.

I struggled in my bindings as I also watched Finn getting pierced by a red liquid filled needle on his neck. His eyes enlarged and his breath got caught on his throat. It was like Finn was having some sort of attack as he started to tremble uncontrollably.

"You're hurting him!" I screamed but my cries were then halted as a sharp pain came to my neck.