Gone

James P.O.V

Last night was breathless filled with unforgettable moments. I was leaning against the counter of the bathroom still recovering what just happened. The reflection in the mirror showed me with ruffled blonde hair and dazed eyes. I quietly washed up myself until I heard noises on the other side of the door. I paused then grabbed the door knob.

There was a noise of a door opening and shutting and that's when I swung open the bathroom door in hurry. Sapphire's sword was laying on the floor as if someone dropped it and Sapphire was nowhere in sight. I grabbed the sword and hid it in the back of my pants. I growled under my breath and opened the door hurrying out to the hallway.

Suddenly, my anger vanished and was replaced with shock. Christopher stood there with his eyes squinted at me. His bald head shined in the hallway lights and his almost-black eyes observed me. Behind him was the co-pilot Arman dragging Sapphire unconscious with some men in military uniform helping him.

"Sir, what are you doing with Sapphire?" I asked trying to keep my temper down.

"It's quite pleasant to see you too James," Christopher commented with amusement.

I was absolutely heaving with rage but I knew I had to compose myself. Respectfully, I dipped a small bow to Christopher then stood up straight.

"My apologies sir but, your appearance and capturing of Sapphire was surprising."

Christopher cocked his head sideways. Arman and the men disappeared with Sapphire and I bit my tongue from calling out.

"I had to take Sapphire by surprise. She had to go to Pandora's Box. I couldn't let you know because I didn't want her to be suspicious of you," Christopher responded nonchalantly with a blank expression.

I froze at the words "Pandora's Box."

"Why would you take her there?" I breathed out.

Though I already knew the answer because I once had been in Pandora's Box. It's a place where it tests every single inch of your abilities, taking you to the breaking point. Being in that box stole a piece of myself and I was never the same, instead I became more vicious.

"James walk with me outside, would you?" Christopher questioned, ignoring me.

I nodded as I followed Christopher to the elevator. In a matter of minutes, we went down the elevator and out the doors of the hotel. It was a breezy day with small spots of clouds in the pale baby blue sky. The city was alive with interaction as people scurried around with stern faces. Planet Niribu was a very serious place with no sort of happiness. It was all because of Christopher and I will truly change that someday when I become leader.

There was a big slick hovering van in front of the hotel which I assumed was Christopher's. A large man dressed in a black suit opened the door for us. Christopher and I hopped inside and sat on the leather seats. The van's door shut with a threatening bang. I broke the silence after a few seconds.

"Sir, putting Sapphire in Pandora's Box isn't a good idea. That place will ruin her and her trust with you. She wasn't raised in Planet Niribu like I was."

Christopher clasped his hands together in his lap.

"James, she doesn't have much of a choice. I will discover her abilities and if she doesn't trust me after her experience, then that's too bad. Sapphire will still help me," He said darkly.

I clenched my jaws fiercely holding back a shout.

"Do you understand James?" Christopher pressed with a stony expression.

"I understand sir," I grunted out.

"Good. Now we are heading to Pandora's Box and we will examine Sapphire immediately. You will help me decide which obstacles will be best suited for her."

I glared at the window next to me not making eye contact with Christopher. If I take one look at him, I will probably launch at him in an instant.

***

About half an hour later, we arrived at where Pandora's Box was stationed. It was a large arena similar to a football stadium except more concealed with no opening. There was two wings in the arena, Pandora's Box and the observation wing. Christopher and I with along two scientists and bodyguards were sitting in front of the controls. There was gadgets and sorts that controlled Pandora's Box into doing multiple trails. The trails included illusions, deathly machinery, and much more to get into someone's breaking point.

I planted my face into the palm of my hands trying to block out Sapphire's cries. There was multiple cameras watching Sapphire's every move and was shown to us. Looking at Sapphire in that position made me sick. They already forced her into killing Arman which was surprising. Making the kill was just the first step. I didn't want her to rot in that place like I did but, I just needed more time thinking how to get her out. As much as I and Sapphire wanted to murder Christopher, I had to obey his every word until it was the right time. Christopher's abilities were a mystery to me and I needed Sapphire to be by my side. There was something prickling the back of my neck that he wasn't necessary normal.

"That amount of electricity was absolutely stunning..." One of the scientist named Mark breathed out.

I was on the verge of vomiting as they just created an illusion of myself a couple of minutes ago to trigger something in Sapphire. It resulted in Sapphire bursting an electric blue ray of lightning down the hallways of Pandora's Box.

"I need to use the restroom," I grunted out.

"Go," Christopher allowed me as his eyes were glued onto the screen.

I stood up and strode over to the large heavy metal door. As I was leaving, I heard Christopher speaking to Sapphire in a low voice. My hands clenched into fists as I remembered when Christopher did that to me. Taunted me through the speakers trying to spark something in me. Sapphire didn't deserve this and I was going to stop it all now.

I remembered Pandora's Box quite clearly, I knew there was an entrance and an exit. There was only one way in and one way out. Knowing that there was multiple cameras inside Pandora's Box was the difficult part. Getting inside without being caught was almost impossible.

Almost.

The hallway was a dull gray as I jogged towards the other wing. There was an energy source somewhere that supplied the building with backup electricity, if Sapphire couldn't get to it then I will. Every second was ticking in my head like a clock counting down. The more time I took, the more suspiciousness Christopher will have in me. Letting Sapphire go was meaning a big risk that I was taking.

After just a handful of minutes that felt like hours, I reached a large metal box. Opening the box slowly, I examined the colorful wires. With sweat tingling on my forehead I became clueless. The black, blue, and red wires meant nothing to me. Then I did the most idiotic thing ever in the moment of desperation, I pulled on all the wires. All the thin wires snapped in an instant as well as the lights blacked out.

Pain traveled into my body as I was jerking with the surge of electricity. I was squirming around on the floor like a hopeless fish out of water. Screams bubbled up in my throat but the pain was so extreme I could barely utter a word. Right when I thought I might die from this impact, I felt soft hands on my arms.

"Shush, I'm here," Cooed a familiar voice.

It was Sapphire.