Lost Without Escapes

Finn's P.O.V

Ever since the phone call with Sapphire I've been destroyed. She didn't want to talk to me anymore and I didn't think I've ever felt more alone. It's been three days since my last meal at the military base and I'm staggering weakly. I guess I never thought I would die of starvation.

All around me is just dense forest, not a single crumb of food for me to eat or a single drop of water for me to drink. I was hoping for rain but it seemed useless with this spotless sky. Everything in my life was crumpling up like a paper ball and thrown into a trash bin. The awful part of this all was that I lost the girl I loved, she didn't even know that I loved her for years.

I missed Sapphire so much it feels like emptiness swallowing up my heart. I attempted over and over again to call her but she wouldn't answer. Then, the phone died. The only hope I have is that Sapphire is going to be okay and that she will save our little world. It seems ridiculous that James and she are the cure to this whole disaster. But, I suppose everything happens for a reason.

There's a ruffling up in the trees and I glare up at it. If it's a damn bird here to mock my life I swear I will kill myself right now. It wasn't a bird though, a girl hopped down and landed perfectly in a squat. She had strawberry blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. The girl was young, maybe one or two years younger than me. But, she obviously had an athletic shape and was healthy. Not a single spot of dirt on her nor had a weak sign of starvation like me. Luckily for me, the small girl seemed to be an average person getting through the invasion but she was getting materials somewhere.

"Are you part of the Niribu military? Perhaps lost in this big old blue planet?" The girl taunted me in a sing-song voice.

I squinted at her with cluelessness until I realized I was wearing their military uniform.

"Uh... no... I stole this," I confessed.

I might as well tell this girl the truth because it wasn't like I had much life left in me anyways. She continued to examine me taking in every inch of appearance until she spoke.

"When was the last time you ate or drank anything? Or better yet, bathed?" The girl questioned with a hint of disgust.

I sighed as she stepped around me with caution.

"Three days..."

"What's your name?" I heard her ask from somewhere behind me.

"Finn, and yours?"

"I'm Ivy..." Ivy responded suspiciously.

I swung around to face her and she was staring at me hard. Looking at Ivy now with more attention I noticed that she was beautiful with these wavy strands of blonde hair floating in the light wind.

"You don't happen to be... Finn Carter, are you?"

I blinked a couple of times not believing that Ivy knew my full name. It felt foreign like I was hallucinating or something.

"No, why?" I lied, I didn't trust this girl.

Ivy peered down at the ground.

"Nothing... I... I'm just... looking for him," She said sadly.

I shifted feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"Look, I can help you at my camp but my people are going to ask you some questions. It's just to see if they can trust you," Ivy explained recovering herself.

"First, how do I know I can trust you?" I demanded.

Ivy's hands flew up in the air like she was an alien saying that she had come in peace.

"I'm not from Planet Niribu. My community set up a camp for refugees from the invasion, we mean no harm just safety for other people."

I nodded slowly understanding but it still didn't explain why Ivy was searching for me.

"Just follow me, if you try anything I'll kill you," Ivy instructed.

I laughed silently at Ivy thinking that I would try anything at this state of starvation. Ivy started to hike through the forest and I trailed behind her. There was something gleaming in one of her pockets of her jeans and I realized it was a black handle of a gun. I decided to snoop a little bit farther about why she needed me.

"So... what's so important about Finn Carter?" I wondered causally.

Ivy stopped in her tracks and faced me.

"Someone important in my camp wants him. Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged pretending it wasn't a big deal.

"Curiosity."

Ivy poked me hard in the chest and I stumbled almost falling.

"If you know something you better tell me now. You have no idea how much I need Finn Carter," Ivy exclaimed angrily.

My jaw clenched in frustration.

"I'm Finn Carter," I blurted out not being able to contain myself.

Ivy's mouth fell open and she appeared bewildered. Then, her face just saddened like I was a lost friend she found.

"Of course you are..." She mumbled.

Then, Ivy threw her arms around me in an embrace. My eyes widen as I stiffened feeling her petite figure around me. Ivy pulled back then looked me right in the eye.

"Your family is waiting for you to come home," She said with a small smile.

"W-w-what..." I stammered.

Suddenly, everything felt a little dizzy. Could it be true? Was my family really alive? It seemed almost unreal since I lost them during the invasion. My mother and father meant everything to me, losing them was a chunk torn away from me. I would do anything to see them again, to have them both in my life again. There was only one way to see them which was to follow Ivy.

To reunite with my loved ones.