One Last Time

At first, a mix of different emotions traveled through me from happiness to anger. Finn was still wearing the same outfit I gave to him back at the abandoned house and was slightly dirty. He needed a shower.

"What do you want, Finn?" I questioned deadpanned.

I was still upset at Finn for not coming with me... he just left me with James like he didn't care. Finn's smile dropped from his face into a frown as he stood up leaving wrinkles on James's bed.

"I- Sapphire, I thought you would be glad to see me..."

I pointed at him with accusation as I spoke.

"No, Finn. You left me like you didn't care about me!"

Finn ran his hand through his hair as he took several steps forward. He was now about one feet away from me.

"Sapphire, I'm sorry. I was just extremely angry at James because he just played victim. I got really frustrated at you too for trusting him so easily," Fin confessed.

"He's not playing victim! You don't know how it felt to be in a ton of pressure that James was in. Now you're frustrated at me? Grow up Finn, I'm here to help people but it doesn't look like you really care about that," I snapped.

Finn's face turned from pissed off to confusion and then into realization.

"Oh, I see it now. You're in love with him."

I gaped at Finn at his sudden accusation, he was jealous.

"Finn-"

But I got cut off as James entered the room. He took in Finn and his lips were set into a straight line.

"How did you find Sapphire, Finn?" James commanded.

Finn faced James with a snarl immediately taking a disliking.

"I found your car when I was walking away from your crap so I hid in the bushes. When you unlocked the car I sneaked into your trunk. After a few hours in your trunk, I realized the car was slowing down. I knew we were almost there so I rolled out. Your pretty stupid, you know?"

James ran across the room in a flash and pushed Finn against the wall by the collar of his shirt.

"Say that one more time and I'll snap your neck," James growled at him.

"Stop it! I'm so sick of you both fighting!" I screamed at them.

Finn clenched his jaws as James released him from his hold.

"I want you out," James pronounced as he was trembling with anger.

"Fine."

Finn probed open James's window and continued to crawl out until he swirled his head towards me.

"Goodbye Sapphire."

Then Finn left as it seemed he was climbing down something. I bit my fist from crying out, that was my best friend leaving from my life. It stung a lot and I could feel tears prickling. There was a lump in my throat too but I blinked the tears away.

James saw my hurt expression and he soften as he came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I leaned into his broad chest willingly. My arms automatically returned the gesture as I started to feel a little bit better.

"It's going to be alright," James murmured as he stroked my hair.

I pulled back but just enough to see James's face. We were still tangled together in our embrace and surprisingly... it felt really nice.

"I don't know what to do anymore," I whispered.

James hands came to cup my face as he peered down me with concern.

"Don't worry about it, I'll fix everything. Okay?"

I nodded and James's lips pressed against my forehead gently. I blushed as then James stepped away from our embrace. He appeared calm and relaxed now with his arms set to his sides. There was this invisible chain that was locked between us that never kept us apart. I couldn't explain it but, it was breathtaking.

"James..." I trailed off.

"What's wrong?"

I took two big steps in front of James and pulled his head towards me. I crushed my lips against his passionately. James immediately reacted as his arms wrapped around my waist pulling me closer. My hands traveled up his shirt feeling his strong chest. My mouth opened against his lips and our kiss deepen. We crashed into James's bed with our bodies tangled together.

I pulled away slightly to take a breath from our sudden kisses. His hair was tousled and his shirt was raised up with him below me. James's eyes were glowing with desire as he locked eye contact with me. I climbed off him and I laid down next to him. I wasn't ready yet and we were going too far.

It took several minutes which seemed like hours until James broke the silence.

"Sapphire, I really care about you. I bet you're really confused but I'm not. I don't regret what we did."

I glanced over to James whom was by my side and was gazing into me seriously.

"I just need time to figure out my feelings... it's complicated," I admitted.

James nodded as though he understood me. He sat up and stared at the wall blankly.

"Can I ask you a question though?"

I sat up as well and studied James.

"Of course," I replied.

"Is it because of Finn? Why this is all complicated?"

I gulped down knowing that James knew all too well. I tucked my hair in the back of my ear and just let the truth fall out of my mouth.

"James, it's complicated because I still can't get over the fact that you murdered my family. Besides, you gave me these powers that I didn't ask for and now I have to deal with it all my life. It's also because I shouldn't be getting into a relationship when I'm supposed to be keeping my planet safe. I just know this will be a huge distraction and I need to focus."

James's eyes then traveled towards mine and then he stood up in front of me.

"We're leaving in an hour to Planet Niribu."

And just like that, he strolled out of the room with the door shutting behind him. I didn't get it, was he upset at me? The only thing I did was tell the truth. On the other hand though, I shouldn't let this bother me. I had other problems to worry about like the fact that I'm about to leave to another planet. All I had was just one hour before I would take off into somewhere I've never been before.

Tick tock

Tick tock