Revealed

I twisted around still sleepy as I wrapped my arms around my pillow.

"Hey, wake up. Breakfast is ready."

I opened one eye and saw James grinning with a plate of eggs and French toast. There was also strawberries but the actual strawberries were gone leaving the leafy steams.

"Sorry, I ate your strawberries," James apologized.

I laughed softly as I sat up and took the plate from him.

"How do you even know its breakfast time? We're in space," I pointed out as I reached for the fork set to the side.

"You can eat breakfast at any time," James chuckled.

I rolled my eyes as I shoved a mouthful of eggs into my mouth.

"Mmm, tell Chef Bentley this is delicious," I complimented.

James eyed me with amusement as I continued on to my french toast.

"No syrup?" I frowned.

"You eat a lot you know," James observed as he stood up.

"Just get me some syrup," I bossed.

One eyebrow raised as James gave me a 'really' type of expression. I started to whine until James put a hand up to shut me up.

"I'll call one of the servants to bring it."

I peered over to the side and saw a cold class of orange juice. I listed the cup taking a sip while James murmured into his phone. I thought back to what happened before I passed out, how many people did I kill in that ship? After James placed the phone back into his pocket I glanced at him with worry.

"What's wrong?"

"James, who were those people from that ship? You said something about Planet Ceres?" I asked.

James sighed as he started to explain.

"Planet Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt that lies between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter. Your people declared it as a dwarf planet, but in reality there's life on that planet. They were smart enough to have technology to hide from earthlings so a war wouldn't occur. Planet Ceres has good people, they just hate Christopher which means they hate anyone from Planet Niribu."

"They know what Christopher wants to do? To take over the universe?" I inquired with bewilderment.

"Yes. He tried attacking them once but we didn't win. Violet was dying and couldn't fight but, I couldn't fight alone with that useless army from Niribu. There are planets in our universe that are stronger than us and Christopher's only hope is you, Finn, and me."

I rubbed my temples as I learned about the planets and such. There was so much in the universe that humans haven't learned yet which is scary.

"So, are you like an alien?" I murmured.

James tossed his head back as laugher rumbled through his body. It was amusing to see James laugh so hard.

"You know, people are starting to laugh at me more often," I said as I thought back to when Autumn had a laughing fit.

"You're so-"

James was then cut off as Autumn stumbled into the room. She smiled shyly as she handed the syrup bottle to James. I squinted at Autumn as she appeared to be shaking.

"Autumn... are you alright?" I spoke as I examined Autumn worriedly.

"Y-yeah of course! I'm just a little shaken u-up from those attacks," Autumn stammered.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. Now if you could go ask Chef Bentley to make me some of this french toast, that would be pleasant," James pronounced.

Autumn bowed with a nod and scurried out of the room with the door shutting behind her.

"Does she know about our powers?"

James tilted his head at the question.

"Of course, the whole crew knows."

"Oh," was all I could manage out as I stared down at my french toast.

James handed me the syrup bottle and I grabbed it silently as I started to drench my french toast. I cut it into bites size pieces and gazed at James from under my eyelashes. My stomach flopped as James watched me with care.

I placed a piece of French toast into my mouth and chewed as I returned James's stare.

"What?"

"Nothing," James answered with his normal chuckle.

I continued to eat until James started ask something that almost made me choke.

"Do you love Finn?"

I blinked as I swallowed my food down.  Why was he asking this? I didn't want to talk about Finn.

"He's my best friend, James."

"Yeah, yeah, I know but that doesn't answer my question."

James face was completely serious as my mouth hung open.

"I-I..." I stuttered over my words not really sure how to respond.

I shifted under my sheets and I composed myself calmly.

"I love him like how you loved Violet," I responded.

Even though I did kiss Finn, he was still like brother to me. I had mixed emotions back then because I was just so shocked he liked me that way. The truth is that I never had feelings for him in that way. I know how I felt now and it felt strangely good to be able to sort my emotions. As far as I know, I didn't need a man in my life.

"Of course..." James said as he shook his head in amusement.

"What?" I asked as I was incredibly suspicious why he found this all entertaining.

"Nothing, I just suspected you and Finn were an item."

I breathed out a laugh as I was the one who was shaking their head now.

"Well, we're not," I admitted.

"I have a-"

James was shortly interrupted again as Kennedy stormed into the room with Autumn sobbing behind her.

"You know, I hate being interrupted!" James shouted in annoyance until he turned around and faced the servants.

"You have some explaining to do," Kennedy ordered as Autumn hiccupped between tears.