Betrayal

"What are you talking about?" James ordered.

Autumn's sobs were then brought down to quiet streams of tears trailing down her cheek. Something bad must have happened but what? Why must Kennedy blame James? Kennedy's face was raging as she held her sister beside her.

"Autumn picked up a call half an hour and it was from the military base nearby the space station. It was a male claiming that James is going to kill Christopher and that we need to turn back to Earth. Now my sister here is damn frightened out of her mind because the man threatened to kill everyone on this ship if we don't turn back," Kennedy hissed.

I froze as I listened to Kennedy's story. Questions scattered across my mind rapidly and my head was starting to throb again. Why didn't Kennedy mention me killing Christopher too? It wasn't just James, besides, how did that person know? No one knew except James, Finn, and I. Then it struck me after a minute and I inhaled a sharp breath. I had to tell James after Kennedy and Autumn leave so that I wouldn't be caught up in this mess.

"We are not turning back," James commanded in a deadly voice.

I was suddenly trembling and was thankful that I was sitting down. This was the other side of James, the one that was wrathful and wouldn't let anyone get in his way. I had to control him before he would hurt any of the sisters. My hand laid against James's shoulder as I felt his body heave with anger.

"We can work something out," I suggested.

"There's nothing to work out! I'm going to tell Nicholas to turn back before we all get killed by you!" Kennedy screamed at James.

Kennedy was about to leave the bedroom in a hurry until James reached the door faster. He slammed it shut as it seemed his eyes were on fire.

"No one is going to tell anyone anything. Now this is how it's going to work out, both of you will be locked into a bedroom so you won't open your big mouths. You should be glad that I'm being nice now," James snarled.

Autumn was wailing loudly now as Kennedy's mouth went into a big 'o.' I knew I couldn't do anything because this way the best option, we couldn't let them both spill out our plan.

"Sapphire, stay here and you both follow me. Don't you dare try to escape because you'll just be in bigger danger," James warned.

James was about to leave the room with the two girls until I called out after him.

"Just please don't hurt them James, it's not their faults!"

James gave me one last frustrated look then nodded as he left with both of the girls. I slumped against my pillows as the door slammed shut. Why would Finn do such a thing? Did he not realize how important it was to kill Christopher? My skin was crawling with annoyance as I wanted to slap Finn across the face.

After about half an hour later, James came into the bedroom looking more tired than mad. I stood up and embraced James out of reflex. Whenever someone was stressed out I felt the need to hold them tight. James tensed against my touch but then relaxed as his arms folded around me.

Since he was much taller than me, James placed his chin on top of my head. I could smell his musky scent as I breathed in.

"Are they alright?" I murmured.

"Yeah... they'll be fine. I'll bring them food later on," James responded.

I then pulled away and stepped out of our embrace. I needed to tell him now.

"James, I'm positive it was Finn who ratted us out."

James hand went through his blonde hair as he sighed.

"I was thinking the same thing. The problem is that Christopher will know by now that I plan on murdering him. I'm going to have to persuade him that I was framed."

I bit my lip nervously as I nodded in agreement.

"How are you going to persuade him?"

"I'm going to tell him that Finn was overwhelmed with jealously. Since he refused to come with us, he tried to do whatever it took to bring you back to Earth. Finn couldn't bear the thought of you coming with me," James explained.

"That's good... look James, you should be careful for now on. Finn has you on his hit list and Christopher is probably going to keep a close eye on you."

"I understand," James said as he cracked his knuckles.

I grabbed James's hands as I pulled them down to his sides.

"I don't want you to get hurt. I'm tired of people dying and leaving my life, I don't think I can take it anymore," I confessed.

James and I were in this together, I couldn't lose him now. I knew that James had a bad side to him but I also knew that he had a caring side. For some reason, I triggered the side that James was more humane. What would happen to Kennedy and Autumn if I wasn't here? They would've have probably been dead.

I knew that I made an impact in James's life because we could feel the bond between us. It was getting stronger and we needed that to defeat Christopher. All I could do right now is help James as well as the people across the universe.

"You're really changing me you know that?" James pronounced.

"Trust me, I know. Just promise me you won't hurt yourself. We're in this together," I reminded him.

"I promise," James promised with a small smile forming.

"Good, now let's go call Christopher," I declared.