Revenge

I'm trembling as people came storming in carrying tables, chairs, and trays of  food. I refused to look at James or Christopher as though the only person on my mind was Finn. A person dressed in all gray then came in with a body bag approaching Finn's body.

"Hey! No! What are you doing?" I screeched as I immediately got up from my corner.

"Sapphire, you need to calm down!" James commanded as he approached me.

"Get away from me! Get away from Finn!"

James hugged me in a tight embrace as they placed Finn in the body bag. They carried him out as I began sobbing again.

"I have to bury him in Earth, I have to!" I cried out.

"I know... I know..." James murmured as he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

I fell back into James's chest as his embrace became less tighter but more comforting.

"Deep breaths, okay?" James comforted me.

I took two shaky deep breaths as I tried to push Finn away from my mind for just a moment. Our hands entwined and he led me to the table that was now set with food. I bet I looked like a disaster now with sticky cheeks, red-rimmed eyes, and a nose that looks like a cherry. I sat down next to James with our hands still together as one. I held tightly as I gazed down not wanting to meet Christopher's eyes.

I heard shuffling and food flopping down on plates but I still didn't look up. I lost my appetite and didn't want anything but to see Finn again. James squeezed my hand then and I peered up at him. He leaned down I could feel his lips tickling my ear.

"I put some fruits on your plate, eat some of it please. You'll need the strength."

He pulled away and gave me a small smile. Sniffling, I unlocked our hands and swiped my face. Finn would've wanted me to kill Christopher and in order to do that, I needed my strength. My plate contained strawberries, watermelon, pieces of banana, and purple grapes. I plucked a grape up from the plate and dropped it in my mouth. I chewed quietly staring at my plate, it tasted like nothing to me.

Fruit after fruit, I ate each one of them until my plate was clean. I picked up my glass and saw Christopher's reflection in it. He was staring at me with an expression that I couldn't describe. My hands shook as I rose the rim of the glass to my lips. Swallowing the water in one gulp, I sat it down finding it shocking that I didn't spill it. Then, James stood up abnormally.

"What do you think your doing?" Christopher demanded.

I glanced up at James and he reached his hand for me. I took it and I stood up next to him.

"Sapphire and I need air."

I pretended to examine the floor feeling Christopher's eyes burn into me.

"There's air here," Christopher stated.

"We need fresh air," James pressed.

The sound of a chair clattered against the wall and I swung my head up. It was Christopher that threw the chair to the other side of the room while standing up. That's when we locked eye contact and my hatred grew.

"Then I shall go with you both."

"Very well then," James agreed.

I laced my fingers through James's hand again and he gave me a reassuring squeeze. We went through the double doors into a long gray hallway. I could sense Christopher trailing behind us, watching our every move. James and I walked hand in hand as we finally reached a large lobby. It was a very dreary sight as it lacked furniture but, everything seemed like that in Planet Niribu.