A New Life

I must have passed out because I awoke on the same bed as before with groggy eyes. My heavy eyelids were fluttering and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. The pain on my neck was throbbing as well, it was overwhelming.

There was something new about myself though, my skin felt like it was tingling. It was something new I was experiencing. I took a deep breath and then managed to open my eyes all the way. The room looked the same, nothing changed about it as I was last here except that I didn't have blankets. But then again, what did I expect? To have hotel luxury? I peered down at myself and noticed I was wearing the same clothes as before. I could use a shower and food desperately.

The strange thing was that they didn't bind me up like they usually would have. My head scrambled with thoughts and questions. Finally, I developed strength and sat up suspiciously ruffling the white covering of the mattress as I rubbed my neck. The good news was that I was feeling much better than before.

Cautiously, I dragged my legs towards the edge of the bed and hopped off the mattress. Vibrations were sent up my body and I shuddered, this was definitely peculiar. I took one step at a time as I arrived what I was determined to reach, the metal door.

I counted to three and I clasped my hand on the door handle. It was a frigid touch which made me even more panicky. I turned the handle with my last bit of bravery and to my surprise, the door screeched open. I winced at the loud piercing noise, it didn't make that sound at first.

I stared at the familiar white hallways and started picking up pace. I needed to find Finn and then escape out of here. My breaths were ragged from nervousness as my eyes darted around eyeing if anyone was here. No one was guarding my door?

I then recoiled instantly as one of the guards turned a corner and took notice of me. He was bald with a muscular body shape. The guard also had a gun and wore dark clothing. Fight or flight? I had no chance at winning a fight especially when I had no experience and clearly was too petite, so I picked flight.

I trudged a couple of steps backward ready to sprint away. The guard then unexpectedly started to dash after me with fast speed. I gasped and twirled around darting with fear. I could hear his breathing as he was gaining on me, the narrow hallways seemed longer now.

I tripped on my own feet then because of anxiety and I struggled to get up. I felt strong hands grip my shoulders and I whimpered with horror. He spun me around so that I was face to face with him and he started to lift his gun up.

"No!" I cried weakly, as I held my hands out trying to defend myself uselessly.

The unanticipated yet astoundingly suddenly happened. Electricity trailed towards my palms as the electric blue lightning bolted out of both my palms striking the guard down. The sound was loud and buzzing as it killed the man.

He slumped down as the lightning violently jerked and disappeared. The guard was electrocuted and flinched silently until he finally died. He was laced with black lacing along his face and neck with his eyes stuck wide open. The black clothing was also now burnt.

The aroma was horrible as it smelt like burnt flesh. My hands rose up to my mouth and nose as I couldn't believe what I just had done. A cry was strangled in my throat but my hands were warm with power. My whole body was jitteriness with excitement.

A slow clap then sounded and James appeared as he turned the corner. He looked the same but had his eyebrows lifted up with amazement.

"Amazing..." He breathed softly glancing at my victim.

"What did you do to me?" I whispered as tears streamed down my face.

I killed a living man. No matter what, that's still taking a life away and it stung me badly. I had an urge to kill James though with my new lightning powers but I knew I couldn't. Who knows what James could do to me if I tried.

"You have succeeded your experiments, congratulations," James inquired with almost like a proud brother grin.

I stood up and swiped my tears away with my sleeve. I pointed at James with anger.

"Don't you dare say your congratulations to me," I hissed with hatred.

James tilted his head slightly with interest. His blonde hair gleamed in the light with his movement.

"You should be glad you didn't die but instead have been gifted. It means the gods have accepted you in the experiments," He pronounced with his hands thrown in the air bewildered.

I licked my lips softly as I stared at James.

"Was this some kind of test?" I questioned, walking closer to him.

He squinted at me as we were inches apart from each other.

"Such a smart and beautiful girl, characteristics that I admire very much. Yes you are right," James observed as he tucked a loose hair strand behind my ear.

I whirled my head to the left away from his touch that sent shivers down my spine. I could feel a faint flush on my cheeks. He didn't bind me nor locked the door so that he could see if I obtained powers. James sent the guard after me to see if I would defend myself with my supernatural talent.

I gazed up at him and demanded, "Where's Finn?"

A smug appeared on his face and he motioned me to follow him. We turned the corner and passed the lab Finn and I were in before. Instead, James led me to two heavy looking metal doors at the end of the hallway. He pushed them open and the scene that appeared in front of my eyes stunned me.

Finn was behind a glass tied up to a chair with bloody injuries. My hand clapped onto my mouth with surprise.

Why must it always be Finn?