Temptation

James gave me a befuddled look.

"What's wrong?"

I crossed my arms giving him a "really" look as the car started to move. I should have been panicking when the car was moving as it hovered in the air but I was too upset at James.

"Planet Niribu is nothing like Earth! The only resemblance is the sky. We are on a hovering car for goodness sake," I exclaimed with my hands thrown in the air dramatically.

James chuckled lightly and it made me even more frustrated.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I just didn't see much difference in my perspective," James confessed.

I sighed and leaned back against the cushion of the seat. I gazed at the window beside me and watched the buildings zap by.

"How is this car hovering?" I mumbled mostly to myself.

"Its technology," James answered back.

I froze for a moment feeling shocked that he actually heard me. Ever since the invasion, I feel like I've been gathering pieces of James and putting them all into a puzzle. The puzzle wasn't completed though because there was still pieces of him that were unknown to me.

After a few minutes, I couldn't feel the car's small vibration anymore and I knew we arrived. Eventually our door opened with a sharp squeak and the body guards help me off the hovering vehicle. Up close in front me was a tall building coated in a sharp blue color which I assumed was the hotel. It glimmered against the sunlight and I was just simply amazed at its sculpture.

I could sense James close behind me as the bodyguards leaded me to the grand entrance. The doors swung open automatically and I could already feel the electricity radiating off this building. All the similar people dressed in the dull colors swarmed around me glancing at me suspiciously from time to time.  I gazed down at myself and noticed that I was still dressed in the navy blue astronaut jumpsuit.

The lobby was enormous as I we trailed towards the metal elevators. The furniture was a similar design to the ones back on Earth and yet there was something tingling on the back of my neck. It was that feeling that something was very wrong, that I shouldn't be here.

I still went through the elevators with James and the bodyguard, trying to shake off that unusual feeling. Maybe I was just overthinking it? With everything that happened to me, my family's death, the invasion, my powers, and Finn missing, I couldn't blame myself for losing my sense of sanity. I could feel the elevator rising up as the guard pressed the 13th floor. When the doors soon gaped open, I was shocked to find myself in a normal looking hotel hallway. It had dim lights on and was coated in a dark purple color. I was expecting a more exotic look like the rest of Planet Niribu. We then paused in front of two doors labeled 1824 and 1825.

"Your room is 1824 and I'll be in 1825. The two guards will be standing outside the room for your protection, if you need anything there's a brown door that connects our rooms," James informed me.

I nodded as he slid a card inside and the door gleamed green. Right when I was about to enter the hotel room, James spoke.

"Also, everything you need is already packed inside."

I smiled weakly at James with a nod of thanks and I slipped inside. Right now, I wanted a nap because I was extremely exhausted. The room inside was a pretty golden color with beautiful paintings decorated on the walls. I noticed a bathroom open with marvel counters and I simply amazed at how nice this room appeared. The bed had silky red sheets as well as enormous white pillows that looked like it could swallow your head.

But, there was something laying on top of the bed and it was covered with a lavender cloth. An outline of an object was traced on top of the cloth and I knew something was underneath it. I slowly uncovered the object and gasped. It was the knightly sword that James had gave me to practice with. My fingers lightly stroked its gleaming silver blade feeling its hard texture that felt as if it was carved for my hands.

I then picked up the sword and placed it on an end-table next to my bed. I flopped onto the bed right after making sure it was covered again and sighed.  Right when I thought I was becoming relaxed, I heard a door opening. I sat up and saw that it was James coming from that brown door that connected our rooms together.

"Hey... I hope I'm not interrupting anything," James greeted with a sly grin.

"Could've knocked but, what's up?"

James strolled closer and then took notice of the sword on the end-table.

"I couldn't tell you about the sword because of the guards. They are strictly loyal to Christopher but I got it here by having a friend bring it," James explained.

I nodded biting my lip from asking who his friend is. I didn't want to be too nosy in his life.

"When do we see Christopher," I whispered.

James's face darkened a bit at my question.

"He's supposed to call me and let me know."

I peered down at my hands a little bit unsure. Was I ready for this? It wasn't like killing someone was the easiest thing ever, especially when it's someone who's clearly the leader of an entire planet. I didn't notice James was next to me until I felt his hand lay against the small part of my back.

"I don't even know how to use that sword..." I murmured with a frown.

James's hand slides down my back and circles my waist pulling me close. I'm laying against his side tightly and my breath hitches. Being close to him like this is uncomfortable... yet, it seems strangely pleasant.

"We will continue to train tomorrow... but, let's just focus on something else for right now."

I gaze up at him and I find his electric blue eyes connected to mine in an instant.

"Like what?" I questioned softly.

I didn't mean to seem flirty but I couldn't help it, being in this position made me breathless and careless. James's other hand then strokes my cheek and I close my eyes at the touch.

"Like this..."

He leans closer and his head dips down to press a kiss against the tender part between my ear and my neck.

"And this..."

James's then pulls back up and peers down at my lips. He's slowly being drawn to me with the distance between us getting smaller and smaller. Our lips are about to touch when I freeze. James feels the hesitation and I can see him furrowing his eyebrows.

"I..." I trail off not sure what to say.

"Why do you keep fighting me?" James wondered with this sad look.

I'm taken back this question and James moves away from me. I don't want us to be weird like this with these mixed emotions. James made me feel confused sometimes when we had these moments occurring because, I wasn't sure if I was into him like that. Seeing James like this though made me hurt, made me have this aching feeling in my heart. Maybe I was fighting him, maybe I should just take a chance and be reckless for just one moment.

So that I can actually live,

and I did.

With just one blink, I pressed myself against James with desire. Our lips crashed together, our arms wrapped around each other, the next thing I knew we were under the sheets. One clothing after the other came off and my lips were craving his desperately. This was something new, it was this lust for someone—for James.

We are tangled against each other with the thin sheets covering us. Every kiss, every touch, and every look was just simply amazing. I didn't think I could ever experience something so... sensational. Then, it hit me like a cupid shooting an arrow at my heart...

I was truly falling for James.