Drops of Lies

My emotions were bottled inside as James and I arrived to his bedroom. I wanted to cry out in pain knowing that Finn betrayed James and I, but I didn't. It wasn't the best time to let my feelings devour me, it was time to handle business.

But he promised he would always protect you.

I shut my inner thoughts out as I concentrated on James dialing in his weird looking device. I held my breath when James placed the device against his ear.

"Hello sir, it's James. My apologies for interrupting your evening but I believe we have something urgent to discuss," James said.

I sat on James's bed as he stood in front of me with the device in his ear. James had put the volume of the device as loud as he could so that I could make out what Christopher was saying.

"Ah, James, it's good to hear from you again. I do agree though that we do have some important matters to discuss. Would you like to enlighten me in why you would want to murder me?" Christopher inquired with a hint of amusement.

James locked eye contact with me as he tensed.

"Sir, that information was delivered by Finn. He was so overwhelmed with jealously that I took Sapphire that he went to frame me. Finn wants me dead so that he could bring back Sapphire to Planet Earth because of his love for her."

I almost chocked as James mixed around the story a bit. Perhaps he was right to claim that Finn loved me, it made the story more believable.

"How did you know it was Finn?" Christopher pressured.

I inhaled a sharp breath knowing that this was a tough question. Christopher wasn't dumb, he was trying to see if there was any cracks in James that he break up. There was tension between them two that was making my skin crawl.

"I knew it was Finn because no one knew about this trip except the people on the ship right now and you. Finn is the only one who knew that was able to tell someone from Planet Earth. It only makes sense sir, call the military base and find out. I will stand corrected."

There was long pause until Christopher responded in a gruff voice.

"I will investigate this further but for now, continue your trip to Planet Niribu."

James relaxed with relief as did I.

"Just remember James, we have been working together for years. It would be a major disappointment for you to try anything you would regret. I'll just let that warning sit on your shoulders, see you tomorrow. Goodbye James."

Christopher hung up as the line ended. James's jaws clenched and I soothed him by rubbing his back.

"We're safe, okay? That's all that matters right now," I reassured.

"Sapphire, you don't understand. Finn just made this extremely more difficult to kill Christopher then before."

I sighed as I forced James to face me by grabbing his shoulders and turning him.

"I am your secret weapon James. Christopher wouldn't expect me to be dumb enough to try to attack him."

James rubbed his shoulder and nodded giving in.

"Alright, alright, I'll stop stressing out."

"Thank you, now you should go check on Kennedy and Autumn. Maybe give them a nice meal? This isn't their fault," I reminded James.

"Okay, I'll see you back at your room in a few moments? I have something to show you," James said with a sly grin.

I nodded as I left James's bedroom with James trailing behind me. We departed our ways as I went left and James went right. I hummed a small lullaby that my mom used to sing to me to calm my nerves a bit. I passed my bedroom as I continued to the cockpit. I had something to do that I couldn't tell James about.

The doors of the cockpit slid open as I arrived. Nicholas and Arman were chattering softly until they heard my footsteps.

"Aren't you supposed to fly this thing?" I questioned noticing them sitting back and relaxing.

"Ah, lady Sapphire, how pleasant. We are currently on auto-pilot until a few more miles. What can I do for you besides your curiosity of our flight?" Arman spoke with humor dancing in his eyes.

I approached closer with confidence building up inside of me.

"Why do you have a Russian accent when you're from Planet Niribu?" I questioned.

Ever since I met Arman, I was suspicious of him. I needed to figure him out without having James latching onto my back all the time.

"Who said I was from Planet Niribu?" Arman answered with his head tilted to the side.

"Arman, stop playing games," Nicholas commanded.

"Oh, it's okay Nicholas. I'm just here to figure out Arman, I don't like him," I snapped with my eyes locked on Arman.

"So quick to judge," Arman accused with a playful hurt face as he pouted.

"There's something about you... tell me now, what is it?" I demanded.

Arman huffed out a breath and shakes his head in delight.

"Sapphire, dear, I'm just your co-pilot."

"No you're not, stop playing with me!" I hissed.

Nicholas's eyes darted between Arman and I nervously. I didn't have much time, knowing James he's probably searching for me right now. Arman was playing games with me and he was doing this hypnotizing thing with his eyes.

"James is probably looking for me but we're not done yet," I growled as I stomped away.

I rushed through the metallic hallway scanning for my bedroom door, I was worried I took too long. As I scanned for my door I bumped into something hard. I thought it was a wall but when I glanced up, it was James.

"Sapphire, where were you?" James inquired with his eyebrows furrowing.