Epilogue

Silent tears ran down my face as Finn's black metal coffin was being dropped into the depths of the Earth.

James and I were back in Planet Earth for Finn's burial just like he promised. I didn't want a ceremony or anything for Finn because I knew it would just be James and I attending. I decided to just have him buried into the ground with no words. My hands clenched the stems of the blue orchards as the dirt fell on top of Finn's coffin. I knew he liked them because when we passed a flower shop one day about a year ago, he said he liked it because it reminded him of my eyes.

Once the grave diggers were done burying him, I knelt in front of his headstone that I had engraved for him. It read "Forever in our hearts, Finn Carter. An unforgettable son and friend. November 3 1998 - June 18 2016" in white letters. The tears continued to flow down my cheeks as I laid the flowers in front of the black marble headstone.

"I love you Finn," I whispered.

I pictured his face smiling, imagining him happy, then I stood up swiping the dirt off my black dress. I'll never forget Finn, ever. I turned around to face James and he had a sincere expression with his hands inside the pockets of his black suit. I swiped my crying eyes with the back of my hand and sniffled. Walking up to James, I hooked my arm with his. We began to stroll past the miscellaneous headstones.

James was now the official leader of Planet Niribu after taking his pledge over a week ago. There was multiple witnesses including me. It wasn't long and only lasted for half an hour as he repeated the words given to him. It was something about loyalty, trust, and other things about being a leader. He now had a week to choose a commander and present a speech to the people of Planet Niribu. We would soon leave Earth again tonight and head towards Niribu to prepare.

"Thank you for coming with me," I spoke quietly as we made our way back to the car.

There was less dead bodies around now that James made an effort to tell the Niribu military to clean it up. About 90% of Earth's population was dead across the globe but, there were survivors. We weren't sure what to do as the presidents, queens, leaders, and kings across the world were now dead.

"I wouldn't let you do this alone anyways," James commented.

The walk was silent as we finally made it to the hovering vehicle. I turned around briefly back at the gloomy cemetery telling Finn I missed him in my head and then, I hopped inside the car. James slid beside me and instantly laced our hands together.

"Are you sure you want to go back to Planet Niribu?" James questioned.

I stared blankly at the window watching the cemetery zoom by.

"Of course, there's unfinished business..." I responded with no emotion in my voice.

In the corner of my eyes, James had a tensed face. I squeezed his hand assuring him, it was like our thing now. But, I was serious in what I said.

If Planet Ceres wanted to bite, I'll bite back.