The Arrival

"You should go get some rest," James offered.

I nodded and went over to my bed. My whole time schedule was messed up and I couldn't tell if it was day or night in space. Snuggled up under my own blankets now, I gazed over to James.

"Could you stay with me," I asked nervously.

I sounded like a child but I really didn't want to be left alone. I already felt as lonely as it is. I moved all the way to the right making room for James trying to persuade him. James sighed and smiled as he went over to the bed.

"Alright."

He slid underneath the sheets and hesitantly, I scooted closer to him. I laid my head against his shoulder and I could feel his arm coming around me gently. Slowly, my breathing slowed and I fell into slumber.

***

If walls could talk, these would scream. I was tip-toeing through moldy walls and the scent of what smelt like vomit stained the air. It was freezing and dark with dim light, my teeth were chattering. I gazed down at myself and noticed blood splashed on my white shirt. I wasn't in pain but something felt very wrong.

"Someone... help..." I whispered as I trudged along.

I couldn't yell because my throat felt like it was clogged. Suddenly, a dark figure appeared and it was approaching me. I stopped in my tracks and stared. In the speed of light, a face coated in blood was inches away from my face. It smiled evilly and I realized it was my own face. The replica of myself then murmured deathly words that haunted me.

"It's coming."

***

I woke up gasping for air from that vivid nightmare. My forehead was coated in sweat and I was trembling. The words that were spoken in my nightmare was almost like a warning. I searched for James beside me, but he wasn't there. I sat up and took a deep breath, I'll go look for him.

I was about to stand up until my bedroom door gaped open. James grinned as he stepped aside and Chef Bentley came strolling in with a cart filled with food. Delightfulness filled me and I decided I would tell James later about the nightmare. I smiled at the feast settled ready to be devoured.

"Bon appétit," Chef Bentley declared.

It was an average American meal and I laughed lightly. Cheese pizza served with seasoned french fries. I thanked Chef Bentley and he bowed as he left. James sat beside me handing me my dish and having one of his own. There was also glasses of pink lemonade on the night stand.

"Tell me, what did I deserve to have such a great meal?" I questioned as I took a bite of my pizza.

"Today we are arriving at Planet Niribu," James answered as he popped a french fry in his mouth.

"Am I going to see Christopher today too? Because I'm not ready James."

I was a little skittish about arriving in Planet Niribu. I wasn't sure what it was like, how people acted, and if all the people there even spoke English.

"No, you aren't. We are going to arrive at the space station in Niribu and then head to a hotel. You'll be fine, it's just like Planet Earth except slightly different."

I gave James a quizzed look as I took another bite of my pizza.

"How is it different?"

"Well, our architecture is very different from yours. I guess it's somewhat similar to German architecture. Other than that, we have no countries, continents, states, or whatever you earthlings have on your planet. We are just Planet Niribu and we are all Niribu people," James acknowledged.