Secrets and Lies

Finn's P.O.V

Colton had drove me to a military base where the people from Planet Niribu train, or if they got hurt they would be treated here. I was placed inside a blank room with bare white walls. I was seated in a wooden chair and there was a metal table in front of me along with another chair on the other side

The door swung open to my right and I smelt food. Colton came inside with also another man who carried a tray of food and a glass of water. The man was dressed in camouflage uniform as he sat down the food and water. He then strolled out of the room leaving Colton and I by ourselves.

"You will get to bathe after you tell me all about James," Colton said as he crossed his arms.

"I will, but only half. You gave me half of what I wanted so I will do the same."

I picked up the plastic fork and knife settled on the side of the plate exploring my food. It was a median rare cooked steak sided with seasoned corn.

"Alright then, go on," Colton prodded.

I cut a piece of steak and placed it in my mouth. I chewed slowly until I finally swallowed and then spoke.

"James is planning to kill Christopher because he doesn't want him to take over the universe," I explained as if it was no big deal.

Colton's face was set into straight lines as he heard this.

"How?"

"I can't tell you that yet," I teased.

I took a mouthful of corn into my mouth and I savored the buttery taste.

"How about, I give you a place to sleep all for yourself if you give me some more information," Colton bargained.

I chewed more steak as I shrugged.

"As long as I can stay alive."

Colton nodded sternly.

"You have my word on that," Colton promised.

"Tell me, have you heard of supernatural powers? Like I don't know, maybe earthquakes, storms, healing?" I questioned.

"The only thing I know about that matter is that James has a unique gift that could end all our lives. I've never heard of something supernatural," Colton hissed as if he thought I was joking.

This is why Colton didn't react when I told him my name, it's because he's clueless. It's a weakness that I should take advantage of.

"I'm not kidding around when I say this Colton. James has the ability to cause earthquakes which is no joke. He's going to kill Christopher by using these abilities. I won't tell you when or how he's going to reach Christopher," I revealed.

I didn't want to include Sapphire in this mess because I still cared a lot about her. If Christopher found out that she was part of this plan, she would die. I couldn't let Sapphire die so I had to make sure I told the story like James was planning this by himself.

"It doesn't add up though... how would you know all this?" Colton inquired.

I smiled an evil grin as I took my last bite of the steak.

"It's because I have supernatural talents and he needs me to help him kill Christopher. I refused to go along with his plan because it was risky and not worth it. Now, he's off to murder Christopher right now."

Colton's face was startled as he stood up slowly. I took a sip of my water and rose up from my seat as well.

"How about that shower and bed?" I questioned.

Colton recovered as his serious face popped back into place. He swung open the door gesturing for me to follow him. I was back into the dirty concrete hallway crowded with military men. We waved past them as Colton paused in front of a door. He held it open for me as I stepped inside.

"You can find your needs here. I need to go take care of this matter now," Colton informed.

I nodded in agreement as Colton walked away. I instantly closed the door knowing I had to be quick. Luckily for me there was a window nearby which meant an easy escape. The bedroom was like any average room except it was very plain. People from Planet Niribu liked everything white for some reason.

I made my way to the door in the corner that appeared to be the bathroom. I stripped down instantly turning on the water. I couldn't shower for too long because I knew I had only about half an hour until Colton or his little friends come knocking on my door.

The shower pounded on my back and I scrubbed the dirty away roughly. My skin was red as I showered in the hot water but I didn't care. Things hurt way more than a hot shower. I stepped out and dried myself with a puffy white towel as I tied it around my waist.

I got back into the bedroom and started searching through the draws that were next to the bed. Inside was military clothing but that was excellent, it meant I could blend in. I tugged the towel off and slipped into the camouflage pants with a blank shirt. My older Nike sneakers were in the bathroom where I kicked them and I quickly went to retrieve them.

After rushing into putting my sneakers on I went to the window and tried to pry it open. My luck ran out as I realized it was locked. I cursed silently as I took steps back. I then kicked at the window with all my strength and the glass exploded in a loud noise.

I swung myself over the window making sure I didn't get myself cut by the glass. It would've been handy if I could heal myself but I guess everybody loved to kick my ass. There was bushes on the other side as I landed on it safely. I gathered myself and started to sprint across the court-field.

It was probably around midnight now and everyone should be inside of the building. Still I couldn't help the nagging feeling that this was a military base and there will be people patrolling. I then slowed down to a jog as I neared the woods. It was pitch black outside but my eyes adjusted to it instantly.

I curved around the talk oak trees as I made sure I was as quiet as a mouse. I paused for a moment to hear any footsteps but all I could hear was chatter from the building and crickets. I continued to adventure deeper into the woods making sure to take precautions.

Right when I thought I was deep enough into the woods and that I was all clear, a light flashed into my face harshly.

Not again.