Realization

I was taking shallow breaths at first trying to move my weak muscles. When my eyes fluttered open I examined my surroundings. It was like I was in a horror movie, a dark moldy room with eerie noises. My wrists and legs were tied with a thick rope which was awfully frightening. Someone had kidnapped me and I wanted to find out who.

This seemed like the perfect room to put someone in that you just kidnapped. There was literally no windows or any object around me to cut my ropes. It was just me and the dirt. Though it didn't last for long when the sturdy looking black door in front of me unlocked. A person stepped inside though I couldn't really see their face.

Then, a dim light came on and I gasped. It was Arman, the co-pilot from my trip to Planet Niribu. I knew I had a strange feeling about him but when I encountered Arman one day, he wouldn't budge. Now, I knew my senses were right the whole time.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I snarled.

I had many questions planned for him like, how the hell did he find me? Or, how did he get past those guards?

"Do you know how precious you are? Incredible lightning powers that can kill someone in an instant," Arman spoke in a thick Russian accent.

"No, I didn't," I responded with sarcasm, "Now answer my question."

Arman strolled around me with caution, he knew that if he even touched me I could electrocute him. I should have done that in the hotel room but panic consumed me, it was a bad flaw about me.

"I have made a deal. You see, I want this certain rare item and the only thing I can exchange it with... is you. I've planned this for a very long time."

"But why me? Why couldn't you get Finn or James," I pressed with anxiety.

"Because you're easier to capture," Arman responded with a snicker.

"I've had enough of you. I always had this itching feeling about you and it's time to get rid of you," I threatened.

Arman's eyes flickered with amusement.

"Good luck with that," He said as he turned around to leave.

I jumped up with force and ran towards Arman in lightning speed. This caught him by surprise as we collided together on the floor. I twisted around and my tied up hands caught his index finger. I grabbed on his finger tightly as electricity sparked and traveled through his body. Just one touch could have my power consume you in seconds. Arman screamed in agony and a burning smell came into the air. He started twitching violently but couldn't shake off my hold. Slowly and painfully, the screams were cut off and Arman went limp.

I managed to somewhat squirm away and I cried out. His body was completely diminished with this raw black flesh. Not only had that but, the air smelled horrible with burnt meat. Tears flooded down my face and I curled up into a ball. I stayed like for a couple of minutes traumatized by everything happening to me. Then, I knew I had to keep moving.

I stood up and left the dusty room in a hurry. There was doors everywhere and dark tunnels leading in different directions. It was complicated looking, I felt like it would take be forever to figure my way out. I began to go right but it seemed like an endless hallway as then it curved to the left. Sweat was tingling down my forehead and I was slightly panicking.

A thump sounded in the distance and I started to sprint in another direction. I bumped into something hard and a small squeak escaped from me. There wasn't much light but I could see an outline of a table. I breathed out relief as I continued jogging. There was more sudden noises that crept me out even more. Panic was seeping inside of me, why did this place seem like an oversized maze?

The most petrifying thing happened then... music started playing. It was like circus music and it was booming around me. I gazed up at the ceiling feeling the sense of the electricity. I shut my eyes and concentrated. My hands lifted up slowly then all the electricity shut off. It was one small perk about my powers which I discovered in the space station back at Earth. That was a bad mistake though because now it was pitch dark and deadly silent. I didn't know how to fully control my power but, I was desperate to make the music stop.

"I'm so stupid," I mumbled with fear.

I closed my eyes again concentrating on every ounce of power. I felt a spark in my hand and my eyes blinked open. The black hallway lit up as my right hand was tingling with rays of electric blue. A small smile crept on my face but disappeared as I heard someone running towards me. My eyes widen and I turned the other way in panic. My lungs were stinging from racing across the hallway.

But why was I dashing from whatever was chasing me? Here I am with my hand blooming with bright electricity. I halted in my path and slowly twirled around. The footsteps were gaining on me but that was exactly what I wanted. I lifted my hand out to the endless hallway and electricity blasted from my hand. I watched in amazement as a long ray of lightning zapped in the direction of the footsteps. My heart felt like it was going to burst as I waited for something to happen. Did I kill the person?

Suddenly, someone was descending from the darkness as an outline of a human appeared. I gasped, how could someone survive that strike? It was a tremendous and overwhelming blast of power.

"Whoever you are, I wouldn't take a step forward," I shouted wavering a bit.

I refuse to be weak as I held my chin up high.

"You are so lucky that I jumped into a room before I got electrocuted," James yelled back with humor.

"James?" I questioned with bewilderment.

My hand glowed brighter with electricity as I could see James's bemused face. In just small strides, I went up to him to hug him but he went right past my arms. It was like James was a ghost and I went right through him. With my eyebrows furrowed I twirled around just to see James's body shake like he was a projection. I cursed under my breath, it was a projection. The James image smirked and with one blink, it disappeared.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" I screamed into the air.

Who did that? Why was someone doing this to me? My stomach felt sick as I bent down to empty my stomach.

"You know, we were expecting you to turn off the electricity," A foreign voice boomed from the speakers.

I stood up carefully and wiped my mouth with my sleeve.

"What... do... you.... want?" I whispered with hatred.

"We're testing you of course, so far your results are accurate to our calculations," The voice remarked.

"I don't care! Let me out!" I screeched as I punched the wall with rage.

I fell back hopelessly as my fist burned with pain. My hand's light simmered down and darkness consumed around me. I could barely see anything.

"So was Arman's little story fake?" I questioned with hysterical laughter.

"Indeed so... he was just simply a pawn in our little session here. Sapphire, your abilities are so very important to Planet Niribu and we want to explore every ounce of it. You'll understand one day..." The voice melted into the air.

"No, no, no! You can't do this to me!" I cried with tears pouring down my cheeks.

I was shaking with agony cradling myself in the dark.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I choked as I could taste the saltiness from my tears.

I was truly losing myself.