Blissfulness

I had passed out from blood lost after feeling tremendously weak and dizzy. The first thing I felt when I woke up was the soft fabric of a blanket. When my eyes fluttered open, I realized I was wearing a hospital gown with small blue dots on it. A groan escaped my mouth and I felt someone rush to my side.

"Hi dear, how do you feel?" A sweet feminine voice asked me.

I glanced up and saw a lady around her late twenties examining me. She was dressed in pale blue pants and shirt with short black hair stopping at her shoulders. I assumed she was the nurse.

"Sore..." I mumbled with a raspy voice.

My muscles were truly sore as I tried moving my arms. The hospital room I was in was white without a single stain on it. There wasn't much in the room but my bed, some machinery, and a chair next to me.

"Well my name is Stacy, I'm the nurse that will be assisting you most of the time. I gave you a dose of painkillers in your IV but I will bring Doctor Norman in anyways. But for now, try to relax and don't move too much," Stacy informed me.

I nodded as I saw the IV inside my inner arm. Stacy left through a glass door and I then tried to examine my ankle where I was stabbed. It stung a little bit but it popped out from underneath the blanket. It was wrapped in a white cloth and I knew for sure that I got stitches. That's when a thought struck me, where's James?

A man looking around his forties walked in with a white lab coat. He had patches of gray hair that was probably because of stress. The man was staring at a clipboard in his hand until he met my stare. He smiled briefly.

"My name is Doctor Norman. How are you feeling Sapphire?"

My eyebrows furrowed.

"How do you know my name?" Ignoring his question.

"James signed you in. You both were pretty damaged especially you, Sapphire. James was checked up with minor cuts and he's sitting in the waiting room now."

I let out a breath of relief.

"Can I see him?"

Doctor Norman shook his head.

"Let me tell you about your injuries and then I'll send him in. You received five stitches on your right ankle from that sword wound. You also have two stitches on the left corner of your forehead, it was a deep cut. Other then that, you have some minor cuts that should heal on its own with some ointment. Your ankle will take about a month and a half before the stitches fully come off. For now, your placed on crutches and will be released after a few more tests. As for your forehead, it will take a couple of weeks for that to heal and for the stitches to come off."

I bit my lip from the overwhelming information, I guess it could've been worst. I nodded my head at Doctor Norman letting him know that I understood.

"Now you can see James, I'll send him in," Doctor Norman said with a smile.

I returned the smile as he walked out. I played with a small string from the blanket that was covering me. I don't know why but, I was nervous to see James. In about five minutes, James came strolling in with the door shutting behind him. All my anxiety eased out of me and was replaced with joy. He appeared fine with some light red cuts on his cheeks. It looked like he washed up as he wasn't so dirty anymore.

"Hey babe, how are you?" James questioned as he sat down on the chair next to me.

It seemed like everyone was asking how I was today. He laced his hands through mine and that familiar warmth came rushing back to me. I flushed lightly at "babe" as I grinned at him.