The Beginning

After a few minutes of whimpering I gathered all my remaining strength and stood up. With heavy breaths, I began walking around this unknown place where I was kidnapped to. If they wanted to play games with me, experiment on me, trick me, then I won't go down without a fight.

The hallways were deathly silent like the silence that drives you into insanity. I started to hum the national anthem of the United States knowing that it would irritate the Planet Niribu people with my patriotism. With my hands feeling the dirty wall I cringed a bit but, it was necessary.

"Missing home?" Bellowed that familiar voice.

I ignored the mysterious man as I continued to hum louder. Some of the notes cracked under the nervousness of my voice.

"Ignoring me won't help you because-" The male voice broke suddenly.

My humming halted as I squinted up at the ceiling where the voice came from. Something was awfully wrong. I started jogging down the endless hallway taking a swift right turn. With my hands along the wall guiding me, I concentrated and sensed all electricity was shut down. But, there was one source of electricity somewhere. My eyebrows furrowed as I suddenly felt the end of the hallway. I could feel the curve of a door handle and I instantly jumped with excitement.

Taking a few steps back, I gathered all the energy I had left and bolted a huge lightning strike. I took deep wheezing breaths from the amount of energy I used suddenly weak but I couldn't stop yet. Bright rays of sunlight from the small windows poured inside the clean white hallways. Up ahead was a person jerking violently and a box in front of the figure with broken wires. That's where the electricity was coming from.

I dashed towards the person slowly seeing more details. It was then I realized it was James with the familiar blonde hair and facial appearance. He was being electrocuted but I knew I could stop it. I kneeled down to James and placed my hands on his arms.

"Shush, I'm here," I cooed softly.

Closing my eyes tightly, I reached out for the electricity inside James. With a single pull, the jerking stopped and I knew I absorbed the energy. I smiled weakly as James appeared in a dreamlike daze. The electricity boosted me up a bit as it was like eating a meal. Seeing James in the flesh at the moment was the best feeling ever.

"We have to go," I commanded standing up.

I reached for James and he took my hand slowly getting up. He was weak from the electrocution and I knew there was probably going to be some ugly scars. James's arm slumped across my shoulders while I snaked my arm around his waist. I supported some of his weight but it was extremely difficult. I wasn't necessarily the strongest in carrying weight especially when James is twice my size. As we limped through the hallway I felt something hard against James's back.

"What is that James?" I questioned.

"Your sword," he wheezed out in a tight voice.

We paused for a moment and I slipped my hand under James's shirt. The familiar feeling of his muscular back sent butterflies down my stomach but when I touched the cold metal of the sword, my body electrified. I grasped the handle and eased the sword out.

"Hurry up Sapphire."

James was right, every minute was time wasting. We had to get out now. With one sword in my hand and another helping James, we continued down the hallway in a more rapid pace. James led the way mostly clearly knowing this place. It made wonder a bit, how did James find me? As we turned a sharp right I felt James stiffen.