No More Regrets

I took a shaky breath as I revealed what my plate had for me to eat. I placed the sliver covering to the side and saw that there was cooked fish with seasoning and a scoop of mashed potatoes.

"I hope you like salmon."

I glanced up at James and smiled faintly.

"I'll eat anything at this time."

I picked up a fork and knife that were on the plate as well and started to cut the fish away. My mouth was watering as I was starving once again. I took a bite of the fish and savored the appetizing flavor.

"I have a plan, of course you would like to hear it?" James spoke.

I nodded my head yes as I took a bite of the soft buttery mashed potatoes. These people from Planet Niribu knew how to cook.

"My people are very loyal to Christopher, they would never betray him. Right now, they think I'm taking you to see him and that I'm going to find Finn after. In reality though I'm taking us to murder Christopher."

I tilted my head at James with my eyebrows furrowed with my fish almost done.

"Can't be that easy, now can it?" I asked.

"No... It won't. Christopher contacted me while you were sleeping in the car. He said that once we reached Niribu he will tell us where to meet him. I'm planning to get him alone with us when we do meet him. It won't be easy of course, but we have to try."

"Alright," I said as I took a sip of water briskly.

James blinked several times as he examined me steadily.

"You are so willingly to go along with this... it seems so unreal," James stated.

I sat my glass down firmly and made eye contact with James with a serious expression.

"James, I don't like to take away someone's life, I hate it actually. But how could you expect me to not go along with this when Christopher is going to kill so many innocents across the universe? Sometimes things are supposed to happen this way."

And with that, I shrugged helplessly as I finished my mashed potatoes with one last bite. There was a tingle of worry in me as I never planned to murder someone like this. However, it was best to dismiss the fear and do the right thing. James sighed understanding me completely as he sat back and took a sip of water. I peered up at the ceiling and observed the yellow bright lights.

Now's my chance to try something.

I bit my lip in concentration as I compelled the electricity in the light bulbs. In a spilt moment, the light started to go on and off. I smirked as I drew the electricity out of it completely.

"Sapphire, stop," James commanded in a strong voice.

I snapped out of the concentration and the lights went back to its bright self. I settled into my chair and took a deep breath.

"Sorry," I apologized.

James looked like an angry father in front of me as he crossed his arms. I always wondered how old he was but judging from his face he appeared like early twenties.

"How old are you?" I questioned.

James mouth parted for a moment as he seemed taken back. A minute passed by until he finally replied.

"Twenty two."

"Aren't you too young to be a commander?" I asked.

"Christopher only picked me as a commander because I had unique powers. He didn't care about how old I was."

James then glanced down at his untouched fish almost like he was sadden. But he snapped out of it quickly as he stood up.

"Come, I shall show you your dorm."

I followed James out of the door and towards the elevator. He clicked the button on the wall once again and the elevator swung open. We stepped inside and James pressed the fifth floor button.

After a minute passed, the elevator swung open again and we stepped out. This hallway was a little bit more different, it was wider and it only had two bronze doors. There was also a large window at the end of the hallway and I could see that it was sunset. James walked towards the one to the right and gestured for to come forth.

"The one on the left is mine, if you ever need anything you may come knocking. These used to be technology labs but we changed them into dorms. Please make yourself at home as though we do have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow."

James then gripped the door's hand and twisted it open. There inside was almost like a hotel room. It had a bed, nightstand, ceiling fan, television, window, and a lampshade. The walls were painted in a dark red and had a welcoming vibe to it. I whipped around to James with a grin as he leaned against the door frame causally.

"Thank you," I thanked him.

"For what?" He questioned, puzzled.

"For feeding me and keeping me safe."

James smiled back as he leaned towards me. At first I thought he was going to kiss me but instead his mouth brushed up against my ear. I could feel his warm breath as he murmured against my ear.

"And thank you for trusting me."

And with that, he shut the door behind me. He left me in a daze as I stared cluelessly to the door. What's wrong with me? Snap out of it Sapphire. He killed your parents, you're not falling in love with him I warned to myself.

With a deep breath I went towards my bed as I sat on the corner of it. I gently took off my shoes and threw them in a corner. I was just about to settle into my bed until a loud thud came to my window. I cursed to myself as I went over to the window to see what it was.

The window had a small ledge to it and there was a rock placed there with a paper wrapped around it. Someone must have threw it at my window. I opened my window and a chilly breeze flew to my face. I looked around the landscape and saw no one in sight, only darkness. I grabbed the rock instantly and locked the window shut. I went back to lay down my bed and untie the paper from the gray dull rock.

My eyes flew to the words written on the paper neatly and I choked out a strangled cry.

It was from Finn.