Time's Up

I left James's bedroom shortly after a couple of minutes. My hair was still damp from my shower and my jumpsuit was ruffled. I made my way towards my bedroom and swung the door open. I didn't have anything to pack for the trip since I lost all of it but I had Finn's letter.

The sunlight streaming from my window warmed my skin as I searched around. Finally, I found Finn's letter slightly wrinkly under of my sheets. My hand reached out and grasped it instantly. I folded it into the back pocket of my jumpsuit as I started to leave my bedroom.

I approached the elevator and I pressed the button next to it. The elevator opened wide as I rushed inside it pressing the fourth floor. I still recalled where that interview room was where James and I feasted. The elevator shut shortly after a few moments with a quiet clink.

I took a deep breath letting the air fill up my lungs as the elevator doors swung open once again. My feet automatically went towards the door of the room from yesterday. Suddenly, there was chattering coming from the inside. I pressed my ear and listened carefully to what sounded like James's voice.

"...Yes, we will see you in three days maximum... Yes sir, I understand... Okay.... Goodbye."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion to whom James could be talking to. It sounded like he was on the phone with someone since he was the only was talking. Carefully, I twisted the doorknob after a couple of minutes and entered the room.

"Hey," I greeted softly.

James's was sitting on the same table with his back facing me. There was a platter of pancakes in the middle with a bottle of syrup. There was also untouched glass of water and a clean plate to the side. James whirled around towards my voice as he gazed at me. His piercing blue eyes left me weak.

"Sapphire."

I strolled to the chair across him while taking a peek at the window. The large black night ship was still parked and it seemed as though it was ready for take-off. I sat down gingerly in the cold chair and pointed at the pancakes.

"Are these for me?"

I felt bad for James considering the fact that I kissed him and then I let him down. It just felt wrong to be with James in that way... but it felt so right at the same time.

James nodded as I took a pancake from the platter with a fork I found next to my water. The pancake flopped onto my plate and I drenched it with syrup. I continued to cut the pancake in bite size pieces as I examined James.

He stared at the device that was in front of him with a stern look. The device was the same one from his bedroom, he must have talked to someone from it.

"Who were you talking to?" I questioned while lifting a piece of my pancake into my mouth.

James blinked twice as his eyes connected with mine.

"Christopher..."

I chewed slowly making sure that I choose my words wisely.

"Oh... what did he say?"

"He can't wait to see you and soon in another time, Finn too."

I swallowed down my pancake almost choking at the mention of Finn's name.

"Okay... well, tell me about yourself James," I inquired, changing the subject to a less gloomy topic.

"What do you want to know?" James replied with an amused look.

"Anything."

A few moments passed as James pondered on what to say until he finally acknowledged me.