Pure Luck

Finn's P.O.V

The bright light blinded my eyesight as I squinted.

"What are you doing out here, sergeant?" Yelled a stern voice.

The light from the flashlight then pointed at my chest as I took a better look at the man speaking. He was wearing military uniform as well and his name was printed along on it. His name was "Major Garrison" gleaming in gold letters. Major Garrison had a small patch of jet black hair and looked like a growling dog. He appeared to be around his forties and seemed like he had a lot of power in this military base. Luckily for me, I was in disguised in a sergeant uniform. Another bonus was that I watched a lot of military movies so I knew how to act. Well, at least I hoped Planet Niribu military was the same thing as in the movies.

I saluted Major Garrison with my left hand and stood stone cold with my salute in place.

"Major Garrison, sir! There was reports of suspicious activity around the border and I was ordered to investigate, sir!" I spoke with a loud confident voice.

"At ease sergeant, what's your name and who gave you those orders?" Major Garrison inquired as he stepped closer with the flashlight in hand.

I gulped and placed my left hand back down. I had to think quickly to get out of this situation.

"Sergeant Matthew and it was Colton, sir," I answered.

"You mean Sergeant Colton? Address your fellow men properly Sergeant Matthew," Major Garrison hissed with suspicion.

Sweat started dribbled down my forehead and I was nervous if Major Garrison could see it. It was already difficult enough to maintain eye contact with him.

"My apologies Major Garrison, sir."

Major Garrison poked me in the chest harshly, but I maintained not to loss balance.

"You go on and investigate, but I'm going straight into that military base and ask Sergeant Colton what this is all about," He growled.

I saluted once again and nodded.

"Yes sir!"

I jogged away quickly as I could feel Major Garrison's eyes behind my back. That was way too close, what if the Niribu military didn't act the same as American military? I would've been dead meat. As I flashed past the woods I finally hit the concrete street.

It was probably midnight now and it was hard to see but, I managed to follow the street with the moonlight. All I could think about now is that James will probably be dead the next day. With the news of him killing Christopher going around, his head would be chopped off which made me glad. Sapphire would be back in my arms while we leave James dead.

I felt a surge of disappointment towards Sapphire, for falling so easily in James trap. How could she run along to someone who murdered her family and gave her supernatural abilities that she didn't ask for? It was just plain wrong.

I continued along the street with my head down and my hands in the pockets of the military camouflage jumpsuit. It wasn't until then that I noticed something was in the right pocket. It was cold and it felt a lot like a phone. I pulled it out and examined it in the dim moonlight.

It was a strange looking device but appeared like a phone, maybe I could call someone on it. The device didn't have numbers on it but there was all sorts of different buttons. I started to mess around with it and pressed a button in the shape of a circle. The phone gleamed brightly with life and I stumbled a bit as I was surprised and almost dropped it. A robotic voice then spoke from the device that startled me even more.

"Speak the name of whom you wish to call."

I blinked a few times wondering if I should call someone and then an idea popped into my head.

"James," I said to the device.

"Now calling James Sterling..." The robotic voice informed.

There was a few short beeps sounding from the device until someone picked up the phone. I could hear someone breathing steadily for a few moments until they finally answered.

"Hello?"

It was the voice of Sapphire.