Never Say Never

At first, I was completely bewildered from the gesture Finn displayed for me. I always thought of us as just best friends and forever that, I never thought that Finn had feelings for me. Of course I had deep feelings for him that I wasn't sure of, but now I knew I liked him a lot more than best friends. After he murmured those few words I felt more cared for than ever before.

"Come on, let's go," I whispered softly, not being able to wipe the smile off my face.

Finn nodded as he stood up slightly grabbing the edge of the couch and pushing it away.

"Stay here, I'm going to check things out," Finn spoke as he climbed out.

I listened to his commands and stayed huddled in the dirty hole. Knowing James, he would continue hunting us down until he found us. We were precious to him now that we had obtained unique talents. I wasn't sure if James would continue experimenting on teenagers but I did know for sure that he needed us.

But what was the solution to our problem? We can't reverse our powers or take them away. A thought suddenly waved through my mind and I shuddered. Finn and I would have to kill him, but how? He was far more advanced in his strong powers than we were.

Finn came back from his searching for James or his men and motioned for me to come out of the hole. I climbed out and joined Finn back into the living room of the cabin.

"I don't see him but there's a chance he could still be snooping around. For now, we gather the most supplies we can get here and then we travel when it's nighttime. For now, stay low and try not to make noise," Finn pronounced.

I glanced around the cabin and noticed that James made an absolute disaster. Everything was scattered everywhere like chairs thrown to the other side of the room, pieces of glass broken on the floor, even the television was cracked.

I nodded to Finn noticing the bedroom door now thrown open, probably from James. The windows were open wide for anyone to peer in so I decided to crawl towards the bedroom avoiding it.

"Um, Sapphire, what are you doing?"

I probably looked like an idiot to Finn as I crawled towards the bedroom, but it was completely logical in my opinion.

I pointed to the windows on the wall and Finn arched his eyebrow.

As I reached the bedroom I heard Finn sigh and then shuffling of what sounded like him crawling. I rolled my eyes knowing that Finn decided to mimic me.

I stood up in the bedroom observing there was no windows. The bed was flipped over and the closet was flooded with different things as it seemed like someone tore it apart. We all know who that someone was.

I started to search in the pile picking up clothing from time to time. Finn and I desperately needed new clothes especially from the fact we worn the same outfit for weeks. I gingerly picked out a black tank top for myself along with a pair of blue jeans. They seemed like they could fit on me.

I also picked out an outfit for Finn that was a white shirt with a random black company logo on it and a pair of black pants. I didn't know Finn's size but this would have to do for him, we were lucky there was some clothes here for us anyways.

I stood up and closed the bedroom door gently as I heard Finn seeking the kitchen for food. Meekly, I began pulling down my dirty jeans. I threw them in the corner and started slipping in the cleaner jeans. Then, I started pulling my thin flirty black sweater out towards my head. I stood in the middle of the bedroom trembling with only a bra and a pair of jeans as I reached for the tank top, but as I did, the door swung opened.

I turned around sharply covering myself even though I had a bra on. I thought it was James at first but it was Finn. I sagged in relief as my arms loosed around myself.

"I-I'm sorry," Finn mumbled flushing a bit.

I felt heat running to my cheeks as he stared at me.

"It's okay, I just got scared. Uh, these are for you."

I handed him the clothes I picked out for him and he thanked me with the nod of his head. Finn then exited the bedroom with the shut of the door behind him. I quickly slipped on the tank top and looked around the bedroom.

It was small but there was a mirror hanging on the corner. At least that wasn't broken. I walked over to it and studied myself in it. I had long brown wavy hair with sapphire-blue eyes gleaming back at me. It was the reason why my mom named me Sapphire, because of my eyes.

I was a pale skin color almost the color of snow and I was still grubby. The tank top was a little bit loose around me as so was the jeans around my waist, but it would do. I tried to comb my knotty hair with my fingers but it wasn't any good.

A soft knock came from the door and my head swung around to it.

"Come in."

Finn opened the door and he stood there with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. It looked like the outfit fit on him better than mine did on me, he seemed a bit cleaner too.

"I, uh, snatched some food from the kitchen."

"Oh, okay," was all I could say as I sat on the bed.

Finn joined me sitting next to me as he pulled out two thick packages of granola bars. He handed one to me and I thanked him quietly. We both unraveled our snacks and munched silently.

"Finn, what do you think of my... powers?" I asked worriedly.

Ever since I exposed my power to Finn I always wondered what he thought of it. He probably thought I was a monster, how could he ever kiss someone like me?

Finn examined me as he frowned.

"Sapphire, if you think your power makes me like you any less, it doesn't. You're still my Sapphire and I'll always be here for you."

"B-but... I killed people with it," I stammered in shock.

Finn placed a thumb on my jawline as he traced it gently.

"So have I, but we both had to do what we had to. What happened to us wasn't our fault. As long as we use these powers accordingly and not let it control us, we're going to be alright."

I smiled softly as he then pressed his soft lips against my forehead lovingly. It was nice to know that Finn didn't judge me so harshly from what I can do. I had powers that could kill someone as Finn had powers that could save someone. He was right though, it wasn't our fault.

"I'm going to go check outside and see if it's safe to travel," Finn murmured as he pecked one kiss against my cheek.

I watched as Finn went out of the bedroom to the window in the living room. From the small bit of light that was streaming from the window it looked like it was sunset. Finn then came back and waved a hand over for me to join him.

I went to him and looked out the same window as him. I was indeed correct, shades of bright orange, pink, and yellow splashed the sky. It was a beautiful scene to be honest, it was the art in the madness.

Then, Finn pulled out two flashlights from his pockets and he smirked.

"Guess I got the luck in me, huh?"

I chuckled at Finn's cockiness and took one of the flashlights from his hand. I didn't know where exactly we were going but we knew it had to be far away from here.

"We should go now," Finn commanded.

We began to march out of the door as we too have begun our adventure. The sunset colors engulfed us as we stepped outside and I breathed in deep clean air. Suddenly, there was a crunch of twigs somewhere in the distance and I froze.

Someone or something was out there.