Consequences

James had led to me to a room entirely made out of special glass like material. When I first stepped onto it I was completed terrified that I was going to fall into space. James had carefully helped me get used to the material and it felt like I was stepping on glass.

The material was so clear that it felt like I was truly in the galaxy instead of inside the ship. It was beautiful and breathtaking at the same time. The stars twinkled brightly in different colors like blue, white, red, and even some gold. There was dust and dark matter and all of this was composed together like art. All I could do is just twirl around and digest the view around me.

James leaned against the material smirking as it seemed he was leaning on thin air.

"This is absolutely magnificent," I claimed.

"I know, it was actually built to view enemies because from the outside, this looks like a black box that's part of the ship. On the other hand though, I like to think of it as a way to view the perks of space," James revealed.

"What kind of enemies?"

"It's a long story, I'll just tell you that there's other planets out there with life, not just us."

I reached out and placed hand firmly against the material. It was hard as a rock not as fragile as glass. When I moved my hand away from that spot I noticed something moving in the distance.

"James, what is that?"

James came to my side quickly and his eyes widen as his eyes followed the object flying around coming closer to us.

"I need to get to the cockpit and tell Nicholas to get the ship's defensive weapons fully prepared," James declared as he started to jog away.

I caught up with James and grabbed his forearm.

"I'm coming with you."

"No," James demanded quickly, "I'm going to tell Autumn to stay with you."

I gasped at James hearing that I should be babysat by Autumn.

"I am not weak James, I can help you," I gritted out.

James clenched his jaw and after a few stressful moments he gave in. James held on to my wrist as he guided me over to the cockpit. A rush of power filled me up as I wanted to take down whatever that was that I spotted.

We rushed passed the metallic hallway and James led me to the doors of the cockpit. The doors slide open automatically and James started to bark out orders.

"Nicholas, I need you to have the ship's weapons fully prepared for battle. Arman, you need to power on the force field."

Both men reacted quickly as they started pressing buttons on the machinery.

"Sir, I don't understand. What are we up against?" Arman wondered in a thick Russian accent.

"I'm not sure but why don't you go look for yourself?" James quipped as the foreign object was now deathly close to us.

It was a bulky black ship that was drifting its way closer to us as if it was prepared to strike. My heart pounded against my chest as my blood boiled with energy.

"Weapons fully prepared for firing, Commander. Give me your word and I will fire," Nicholas informed.

"Force field is also powered on. The ship has been detected on our radars, it's been identified as Planet Ceres's ship."

Both men looked deathly serious as James cursed loudly.

"Nicholas send a message to the ship. If they leave we can go on with peace. If they don't, we attack their ship," James instructed.

Nicholas started composing a message on a screen in front of him. I started biting my lower lip out of natural habit. Nicholas nodded to James showing them that it was sent and tension filled the air. After a few shaky breaths, a red electric ball came flying towards us and blasted against the ship. The ship started to shake violently as I grabbed James for support. His arm snaked around my waist as he leaned forward to the window.

"Fire now," James ordered in a deathly tone.

I clung onto James as I watched a white electric ball form in front of us and blast forward to the ship.

"Nicholas, fly the ship to the right and circle them. Make them feel trapped then fire again."

James arm held me tighter as the ship started to curve slightly. A red ball zoomed past us as Nicholas steered away. Arman started blasting two balls of white electric and shot it towards the ship. More red dangerous circles of electricity started to dart towards us in return, Nicholas avoided some of them but some of them hit us right onto the side.

"Force field at 54% commander," Arman shouted through the fierce sounds of the attacks.

Suddenly, an enormous red ball came flying towards us.

"Dodge that right now! That will be the death of us!" James yelled.

Since the ball was huge, it was slow for it to reach us. We had a minute until it would collide with our ship.

"Commander, there's no use. It's coming in a rapid pace that I can't dodge," Nicholas shouted back.

Then, I knew what to do. I slipped out of James's arm and planted my hand on the cockpit's window.

"Sapphire! Get back here, we need to take cover!" James protested.

"I can do this!" I demanded.

The massive ball was gaining on us and I put all my energy into it. My eyes locked onto it as I compelled it to go in the other direction. Suddenly, the ball stopped in its path and turned around slowly. My hands were getting sweaty underneath the glass as well as sweat dripped down my forehead. I bit my lip hard as I gave the ball one more strong push, and with that it swung around rushing towards the other ship.

I then collapsed behind me as James caught me in his arms. I examined the ball as it collided with the other ship. The ship exploded into a colossal fiery image as parts of the ship flew everywhere. My eyelids fluttered as black spots filled my vision. I used way too much energy and I knew I was about to pass out at any moment.

Blackness then took over me as I went limp into James's arms.