Everything Comes With a Price

Finn's P.O.V

It's been days since I saw Sapphire. She was so hurt and had tears shining in her eyes. I wish she would've understood why I left her, I made a mistake. Why is that she forgives James for murdering her family but, she can't forgive me for something not even half as bad?

I was strolling around an abandoned town filled with dead bodies. It didn't even bother me anymore now that I was so used of seeing death. The invasion had really screwed me up badly especially when I lost my family.

It was still nighttime when the invasion happened in my town. I was in the same town as Sapphire just in a different part. I was awake when they invaded, I went outside to visit Sapphire. Usually when I couldn't sleep at night, I went over to Sapphire's house. The night seemed warmer than usual and there was a prickling warning in the back of my head that something wasn't right.

I did turn back to my house but when I did, I saw them. James was leading the army into the town as they invaded households pulling the people out one by one. It was the whole reason why we called this event "The Invasion" because they invaded our houses and killed almost everyone. I was absolutely petrified when seeing houses catch on fire, I had to go find my family.

I rushed behind the houses away from the Niribu people. When I finally reached my household, it was caught on fire. The Niribu people abandoned our complex as they carried on to Sapphire's part of town. I searched everywhere for my mom and dad, looking for their bodies at least but I never did find them. I didn't even know if they died or if they were still alive.

Just in that moment though, I knew I had to find Sapphire before I lose her too. I cut through the woods so the Niribu people wouldn't see me, I had never sprinted so fast in my life. I heard footsteps running from a distance suddenly so I ducked into the nearest bushes. I peered out to see who it was and it was Sapphire running for her life with tears streaming down.

I felt relief but fear fill me up instantly as I reached for Sapphire and pulled her down with me. I clapped a hand against her mouth because I knew she would scream. Sapphire was trembling so badly in my arms, I've never seen her so frightened in my life. She didn't tell me about her family's death or about a man chasing her until one night in the cellar during our hiding.

I've never felt such hatred to a person in my life, Sapphire's family was my family. James had took a chuck of my personal life away and it made me furious. Sapphire may be kindhearted but I will never forgive James for what he did that night. I promised myself that I would kill him.

I snapped back into reality as I searched around the burnt plazas. I needed food desperately since I hadn't ate much. I was so weak and I couldn't find a single scrap in this town. I was about to lose all hope until a voice called out to me.

"Put your hands up now and turn around!" Ordered a strong manly voice.

"Not this bullshit again," I thought to myself weakly.

I lifted my hands in the air and turned around slowly. There I saw a tall muscular man holding a rifle up pointing at me. His arms were covered was tattoos and he had a deadly face as he stepped closer to me.

Now that he was only about five feet away from me I could see his unshaved short beard with a dark tan. I could say he was around his early thirties judging from his appearance. The man was definitely from Planet Niribu as he appeared strong and healthy.

"Survived the invasion, huh? You look like shit. How about I put you out of your misery?" The man snickered.

"I have information on James," I responded with no emotion in my voice.

The man's eyes widen open as he jabbed the barrel of the rifle on my stomach. I held back a groan of pain as I continued to stand with all the strength I've got left.

"What the hell do you mean?" The man shouted.

"Take me back to a place where I can bathe and be fed. In exchange, I will tell you everything if you do that and keep me alive. Your little commander, James, has big plans for your leader Christopher," I said.

I watched as the man's mouth hung open from shock. He then recovered and glared at me.

"You're a smart one, eh? Well, we have a deal. Under one condition though, if I find out your lying I will cut your limbs one by one while I watch you bleed," The man threatened.

"You have my word," I said as I held my hand out.

The man shook my hand squeezing it tightly without hesitation. I held back a groan of pain again as I regretted shaking hands with him.

"So what's your name, son?" The man inquired.

"Finn," I responded, "And yours?"

"You can call me Colton."