Revival

Sapphire,

aren't you going to say goodbye?

- Finn

My heart hammered against my chest as I read the few words on the crinkled paper. How did Finn find me? What did he mean by that? I landed flat on my pillows as I blew a strand of hair out of my face.

"Oh Finn..." I breathed out to myself.

I took off my sneakers and went under the blankets. I snuggled underneath it with the letter pressed against my chest. In just a matter of seconds, I fell asleep with the one last thought of Finn.

****

A hard knock was pounding on my door and I threw a pillow at it.

"Ugh, what!" I yelled groggily.

"Wake up sleeping beauty, I have something to give to you," James sang playfully from the other side of the door.

"Just come in," I said as I sat up in my bed.

James came striding in a navy blue astronaut uniform with along another uniform identical to it in his right hand. He didn't appear sleepy but instead excited, his blonde hair was glistening in the sunlight that was pouring out of the window.

"Is that one for me?"

James nodded as he sat the uniform down on the blankets.

"I'm sure they will fit on you. Change and then meet me back in that room we feasted last night. You remembered where it is right?" James asked.

"Of course," I answered.

"Alright then, I'll see you there," James inquired as he smiled then left with door shutting behind him.

Immediately, I dropped the act of pretending to be fine to James. I didn't want James to see the fear creeping inside of me. Going to another planet was mind boggling and reality was kicking in. Besides, leaving Finn to somewhere far away was hard.

I slipped out of my blankets and stepped into the chilly floor. I needed to brush my teeth and take a shower. There wasn't a bathroom in here which was strange, I guess I could see if James had one. I tossed the uniform over my shoulder and walked out of the bedroom with the door shutting behind me.

I twisted James's door handle and found it to be surprisingly unlocked. I entered his room and found it identical to mine except his walls were royal blue. There was also a desk scattered with all sorts of papers and a weird looking device on top of it. I peered over to his desk and started to snoop around.

I knew it was bad of me to invade his privacy but curiosity got the best of me. I held the device in my hand and it appeared like a phone except more exotic looking. It was black with strange buttons on it, I tried to find the power button but it was useless.

I placed the device back down and then noticed there was a door at the end of James's bedroom. So he did have a bathroom. I strolled over to it and swung it open. Inside was a basic white bathroom with a shower, toilet, and, sink. Better yet, he had shampoo and other essentials that I would need.

I stripped down naked and turned the shower on. Immediately, steamy water came pouring down and I gingerly stepped into it. I began cleansing myself with soap and shampoo as my mind wandered into thoughts.

What was up with James and me? I knew we had a connection but it was strange. James feelings for me was so complicated, he flirted with me but he threatened me too. Of course James was handsome and kind at times... but he murdered people. Even though I couldn't really hold it against him, my feelings towards him was still puzzling. After everything we been though, I still followed him here as there was hope and faith guiding me.

Besides, what if Finn found out? Isn't that like cheating? But then again, we weren't technically dating we just kissed once. Still, I knew Finn would be heartbroken because he cared a lot about me. I cared a lot about him too, but did I really care about him in a way where he was more than just a friend? I wasn't so sure anymore.

All these feelings were so complicated to me and I hated it. I didn't want to be in a love triangle like silly television shows had. I just wanted to help people so that my planet would glue the broken pieces back together. That's what I needed to concentrate on.

I turned off the shower after cleaning and thinking to myself when then I heard a noise.

Thump

Thump

Thump

I stepped out of the shower and glanced frantically around for a towel. Shit, I forgot my towel and my uniform. I bite my bottom my lip as I went over to the door. Taking a deep breath, I opened it an inch wide.

"Sapphire?"

I sagged in relief as I poked my head out to James.

"Uh... hi. Could you bring me a towel and my uniform?" I asked embarrassingly.

I blushed lightly as James chuckled reaching for my uniform. He then opened his closet and snatched a white towel from it.

"Here," James said with a smirk.

But James wasn't close enough for me to grab it from his hands without getting out of the bathroom. He was just standing there in the middle of room taunting me to come out naked.

"Please, just hand it to me," I whined.

I was shivering in the bathroom from being naked and wet, I cursed myself for being so forgetful. James shook the towel and uniform in his hand teasingly.

"If you want me to hand it to you, you have to earn it."

My stomach flopped at his words as I ran my teeth against my bottom lip.

"Come here," I whispered seductively.

James marched over to me until we were face to face. He gazed down at me with lust flickering in his eyes. I snickered at him as he actually thought I was flirting with him. I grabbed the towel and uniform from him as I slammed the door shut.

"Thank you!" I thanked him with a laugh.

"Ha, ha, real funny Sapphire!" James mocked from the other side of the door.

I quickly dried myself and slipped into my uniform which was a navy blue jumpsuit. I then brushed my teeth which I assumed was with James's toothbrush but I didn't care that much. If I can sleep in a dirty cellar then I can use James's toothbrush.

I swung the bathroom open once again and stepped out. James was nowhere in sight but Finn was. He was sitting on the corner of James's bed smiling at me.

"Hey Sapphire, missed me?"