Captured

"I'm tired of being blacked out constantly," Was the first thing I thought to myself when I woke up. My eyes fluttered open and James was kneeling in front of me with a concerned expression.

"Hey, are you alright?" James questioned as his hand laid on my cheek.

His warm touch made me smile a bit. I peered around and found myself in a strange room. It looked like an observation or control center with machinery everywhere. But, Christopher was there too staring at me with a stern look. He was alone too with no men around him. My hands ached for his throat in my hold. I was seated in a chair and right when I was about to jump up in action, James held me down to the seat.

"Sapphire, it's Christopher. He's not going to hurt you, calm down," James assured me.

I blinked a couple of times seeing that James was trying to get me to play along. I could the furrow of his eyebrows trying to get me to understand.

"I..." I stumbled on my words slightly confused.

How did I end up here? Christopher strode over to where James and I were.

"Would you like to see what you did to James?" Christopher spoke in a deathly soft voice.

My mouth parted not sure what to say. Christopher turned James around and lifted his shirt up harshly. I cried out at the vicious blue and red lines that ran up James's back. There was spots of bruises trailing up his spine with along an ugly dull yellow splattered across. It was lightning scars.

"I... no... I didn't do that..." I mumbled feeling scared of myself.

"Tell her James."

James was swung around to face me with a harsh push from Christopher. He clenched his jaws looking like he didn't want to say what he was about to say.

"I don't know what happened Sapphire, but when you laid your hands on me there was this pain all around my body. It wasn't like the electrocution pain, it was something different. Then, it disappeared with a burning sensation. It was like something rose up to leave it's final scars then it traveled into you..."

"But, I only absorbed the energy!" I proclaimed, I didn't want to believe that I hurt him.

James shrugged helplessly while Christopher had a smug look.

"I thought it was your fault..." I spoke to Christopher in my most innocent voice.

Christopher just stared at me like he waiting for something. Then I knew what to do even though it sickened me. I got off the chair and put on my most pleading face. I have to apologize and gain his trust.

"Please... forgive me. What I did was wrong and I didn't mean it. I'll do anything, I'm sincerely sorry for all the harm I have caused," I begged.

I tasted bile in my mouth and I swallowed it down. Even though I hated doing this, I had to. Christopher looked down at me because of his height with his eyes glistening.

"You will obey my every word. Everything I say, you will do. If you put up a stunt like that one more time, I will punish you to extreme levels that you couldn't imagine," Christopher threatened.

I felt myself shaking as Christopher swung towards James.

"As well as for you. How dare you go against my word to let her escape from Pandora's box? You have damaged the system now! You let your feelings get in that way and that makes a terrible leader."

What was Christopher talking about? I was in Pandora's box? James squeezed his eyes shut as if that was a slap to his face.

"I understand, sir. My apologies for the damage I have caused," James spoke in a strong voice.