Chances

"Sorry, I got a little lost," I lied.

I knew I took too long and it was all because of that pathetic Arman. Now I have to deal with James, hopefully he would let this one slide.

"Alright... well, come on. Remember, I still have something important to show you," James informed.

I nodded and held back the sign that I was relieved. I followed James throughout the metallic hallway until we reached an unfamiliar door. The night ship was huge and there was a lot of mysterious rooms but, this door was black and unlike the others. James turned the doorknob and held the door open for me.

I gingerly strolled inside and my eyes widen at the scene. There was punching bags, targets that looked like people, and rows of weapons on racks. The weapons consisted of different type of swords, knives, guns, and other strange looking weapons. They were intimidating looking but I felt compelled to grab it. This was a large room built for training and I could imagine how much I could learn here.

"This is where our weapons supply is and where people come to train. You need training Sapphire."

James was right, I needed training. I know I had these special lightning powers but I had no idea how to handle a gun or any weapon. It was important to know how to use these things but most importantly, how to control my powers.

"Are you my instructor?" I questioned with a little too much hope hinted in it.

James smirked as he went to the weapon rack.

"No one trains better than I do," James teased as he slid a long silver sword out.

I marveled at the beautiful sword taking an interest to it. It had a brown handle laced with gold twirling around it. The sharp blade of the sword was a gleaming silver that reminded me of Violet's hair.

"This is a knightly sword designed like the European medieval period. This isn't like any other knightly sword though, this was made back in the 13th century in Planet Niribu. Supposedly according to legends, it was made by a God that made the blade travel electricity from the God's power through its metal. So when the God slid the sword inside a person, not only would the person have a wound but would be electrocuted," James explained.

The sword was absolutely perfect for me. I could channel electricity through its blade and kill Christopher instantly with one strike. James noticed the eagerness in my eyes and he got deathly serious.

"It takes time Sapphire for you to properly use the sword. This sword is ancient and wasn't built for just anyone, I can try to train you to use it with the best of my abilities."

"Right, of course. Sorry, I'm just so compelled by it... it's like it's meant for me," I wondered.

James stepped over to me and handed me the sword with both of his hands underneath it securely. I picked it up by the handle with both of my hands slowly. An electrifying buzz flew through my arms and I gasped. I pointed the blade up at the ceiling feeling the slightly heavy weight in my hands.

"You're holding it wrong," James said.

He came behind me and placed my hands in a different position on the handle.

"Now try to strike me," James instructed.

I hesitated but James gave me a nod to proceed without caution. I then pulled back the sword to my side and jabbed the point of the blade towards James's stomach. James ducked and kicked the sword out of my hands. My mouth fell open as the sword flung to the other side of the room.

"Go get it," James ordered.

I hurried off to retrieve it and brought it back. James took it from my hands and held it in a fighting position.